Unit 1(That must be a record)
1.This drawer is so (紧的) that I can’t open it.
2.The meeting will probably (结束) without any solution to this problem.
3.Sports will help you to have a powerful and (健壮的) mind.
4.When the last echo had (变弱),there was a dreadful stillness.
5.A simple dress is (适合的) for school wear.
6.It’s impossible to (证实) every rumour.
7.He is (热情的) about the plans he has made.
8.In order to study abroad, many students are (痴迷于) with English.
9.We have (专心致志于) on recording the changes taking place in contemporary English.
10.Cool autumn days make us feel (精神饱满的).
1The Guinness Book of World Records contains records of all kinds.
A. The Guinness Book of World Records is a container as well as a recorder of all kinds.
B. The Guinness Book of World Records records all kinds of strange containers.
C. Records of all kinds are collected in the Guinness Book of World Records.
D. The Guinness Book of World Records is willing to accept all kinds of records.
2.The editors of the book set down the records and keep track of them in other ways.
A. The editors of the book put some records down and throw away some others.
B. The editors of the book set down the records and keep most of them in a way others like.
C. The editors of the book collect all the records and put them into different groups.
D. The editors of the book sat down to read the records and tried to keep them in other ways.
3.Among the brilliant athletic achievements, a few records stand out because of the moving life stories behind them.
A. Among the brilliant athletic achievements, few records stand out in spite of the moving life stories behind them.
B. For a few athletes, their brilliant achievements are as important as their moving stories behind them.
C. Athletic achievements are brilliant, but a few records are outstanding because the moving life stories are following them.
D. Even though the records themselves are amazing, the life stories of the athletes who set the records are often even more interesting.
4.We want to know what is possible and find out how far we can push ourselves.
A. We wonder what might happen and what our ability limits are.
B. We know it’s impossible to find out how far we can push ourselves.
C. It’s impossible to know what is possible and what our ability limits are.
D. Is it possible to find out the nature possibility and human limits?
5. People are proud of all the world record holders.
A. Pe0ple look down upon the persons who do not set a world record.
B. If a person sets a world record, people are usually proud of him or her.
C. Some world record holders are not accepted by people.
D. It is unnecessary to honor all the record holders.
Central concentrate attempt settle confirm conclude suitable permission inspect burst
1Can you what happened?
2This was one of the first areas to be by Europeans.
3He made another with relative coolness and at last succeeded.
4There is a of industry in the east of the country.
5All his concerns were on himself rather than others.
6He felt he would with anger and shame.
7On closer ,the fuel pump was found to be leaking.
8May I have to leave early?
9Unfortunately I’m not dressed for gardening.
10He by wishing everyone a safe trip home
1A:The first edition was published in 1955 and has been a best－seller ever since.
B: They published the first edition in 1955 and have of the ever since.
2A:The records are put into different categories.
B: The records are .
3A:Part of the reason for our interest in world records is probably the curiosity.
B: Part of the reason why we are in world records is that we are probably them.
4A:No records that are dangerous to the person who is attempting it or to others are allowed.
B: The Guinness Book does not any dangerous record .
5A:One thing is clear: the enthusiastic teenage skateboarders are enjoying every minute.
B: It is clear that the enthusiastic teenage skateboarders are .
1The Sunday of the local newspaper is very popular.
A. edit B. edition C. editor D. editorial
2Yao Ming, the Chinese basketball star, is many American people.
A. familiar to B. familiar with C. family of D. famous as
3All their hopes the next generation now.
A. concentrate on B. attract on C.fascinate on D.centre on
4When they got the news that Beijing won the bid for the 29th Olympic Games, all the audiences dance.
A. burst into B. burst out C. break out D. break in
5To the teacher’s great ,all the students have made great progress in English this year.
A. Light B. delight C. delighted D. delighting
6 Liu Xiang got the 110 m hurdle race gold medal in Athens delighted all the Chinese people.
A. If B. When C. That D. What
7To win the Nobel Prize a great honor for a scientist.
A. are B. is C. has D. be
8 seems very popular among kids admiring Yang Liwei, the first Chinese spaceman.
A. It B. He C. Be an astronaut D. To be an astronaut
9 the world records highly thought of throughout the world.
A. Break; is B. Breaking; is C. To break; are D. Breaking; are
10The weak and poor paid more attention to in a harmonious society.
A. is B. are C. be D. has
11When the thieves saw the big dog them they ran away.
A. making at B. making for C. making on D. making up
12Her talents in comparison with the others.
A. stand up B. stand on C. stand out D. stand off
13Because of her illness, Helen has been absent from school for three days .
A. in a row B. in the row C. for a row D. over a row
14New technology is being almost every industrial process.
A. applied for B. applied in C. applied of D. applied to
15You should apply the publisher permission to reprint the extract.
A. to; for B. for; to C. to; to D. for; for
16Recently measles has been among children in the mountain village.
A. about B. around C. all over D. above
17The sound of his footsteps gradually .
A. disappeared B. out of sight
C. faded D. fainted
18The French pianist who had been praised very highly to be a great disappointment.
A. turned on B. turned in
C. turned down D. turned out
19Helen said she would like to go to Atlanta by air, but I wonder is she has enough money to pay for the .
A. travel B. tourism C. journey D.course
20Mr and Mrs. Scott prefer a restaurant in a small town to in so large a city New York.
A. this B. one C. it D. that
1What are the advantages and disadvantages of different size?
2What Guinness Records was set in Urumqi and Hong Kong?
3After talking to his friends, he concluded that a book answered such questions might be popular.
4The Guinness Book of World Records have chapters on varieties of themes.
5You can learn that the oldest person is a woman who lived to be 122 year and 164 days.
6The Englishman balanced a small car weighs 159.6 kilograms on his head for thirtythree seconds.
7We all hope that the 2008 Olympic Games will the best ever and that the athletes and visitors will enjoy China and Beijing.
8“A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” are my favorite proverb.
9Whether you will pass the interview depend on your confidence in yourself.
10All the riders wears helmets and other equipment to protect themselves.
Unit 2(Crossing limits)
1.It was too early to (评价) fairly his performance.
2.What’s the (来源) of the rumour?
3.The reason for their behavior remains a (谜).
4.Travellers abroad should be (使者) of goodwill and friendship.
5.She has the ability to make an (准确的) estimate on world political situation.
6.We can (实现) whatever you can, and with better results.
7.Most people like to (漫游) about the world.
8.Have you any (证据) for this statement?
9.Few countries believe in the (存在) of massdestroying weapons in Iraq.
10.After his first performance all the newspapers sang the (赞扬) of this new actor.
1.Mars may be rich in valuable and useful minerals which cannot be found on earth.
A. There may be lots of valuable and useful minerals on Mars which don’t exist on earth.
B. The earth is poor, so we cannot find any valuable and useful minerals on it.
C. We have to move to Mars one day because it is rich in valuable and useful minerals.
D. The valuable and useful minerals which cannot be found on earth can be found on Mars.
2.Others say that we now have alternatives that were not available in the past.
A. Others say today’s means are not suitable for the past.
B. Other people say that we now have more choices than in the past.
C. Others say that the past were not available but now they are changing.
D. Other people say we can’t use the past to take the place of today’s.
3.Each of them had an amazing story to tell.
A. The story was so amazing that each of them liked to tell.
B. Each of them had to tell an amazing story.
C. Every one of them had an unforgettable experience.
D. All of them took turns to tell an amazing story.
4.The contacts between China and Africa over the centuries had led to the awareness of each other’s existence.
A. China and Africa came to know each other’s existence because of the contacts over the centuries.
B. China began to know Africa’s existence centuries ago.
C. Africa followed China to have contacts with each other for centuries.
D. The awareness of China and Africa’s existence led to each other’s contacts.
5.Zheng He has often been called the Chinese Columbus.
A. Zheng He has called Columbus in China.
B. Columbus had met Zheng He in China.
C. People have often called Zheng He the Chinese Columbus.
D. Zheng He has been more famous than Columbus.
Arise volunteer wealthy various command wander return Refer suggest equip
1.I did that for reasons.
2. men are not always happy.
3.The officer that the prisoners should be shot.
4.The boys around the town with nothing to do.
5.Our factory with modern machines.
6.He gave her some help in for her kindness.
7.My is that we go to the cinema.
8.She some information.
9.You can to your notes when you are speaking.
10.A strong wind in the night.
1.A:How do modern explorers deal with the problem of having no maps?
B: How do modern explorers the problem that no maps?
2.A:We should realize that exploring space brings great risks.
B: We should realize that we must when exploring space.
3.A:Trade and curiosity have often formed the foundation for mankind’s greatest endeavour.
B: Mankind’s greatest has often been by trade curiosity.
4.A:It’s well known that Africa had contacts with India and the Red Sea civilizations from the earliest times.
B: is well known, Africa with India and the Red Sea civilizations from the earliest times.
5.A:In the eleventh century, the Africans made several voyages to the court of the Song Dynasty.
B: In the eleventh century, the Africans to the court of Song Dynasty several times.
1.I help him friendship.
A. by the name of B. in the name of
C. by name D. in name
2.He received $10 a couple of house of work.
A. change for B. charge for C. to change D. in exchange for
3.Mary never ideas for clever party decorations.
A. keeps out of B. gives out C. runs out of D. wears out
4. her blond prettiness, she was smart and helpful.
A. Apart from B. Except for C. Along with D. As good as
5.The two presidents an immediate top meet to solve the difficult matters between the two nations.
A. recommended B. suggested C. reported D. waited
6.In the year 751,the Chinese traveler, Du Huan, prisoner by the Arabic army.
A. took B. takes C. was taken D. is to taken
7.You to me when you said you loved me.
A .lie B. lied C. lay D. laid
8.Some traveled right into the heart of Africa guessing where the River Nil and it where it went.
A. began; followed B. might begin; following
C. begins; follows D. must begin; followed
9.Although James Cook the first westerner to have discovered Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, his travels led to the creation of more accurate and reliable maps for vast parts of the world.
A. is not B. was not
C. must have been D. may not have been
10.One important centre on the Silk Road the city Chang an, where today’s Xi’an .
A. is; stands B. was; stands
C. was; stood D. had been; is standing
11.—Where should I send my form to?
—The Personnel Office is the place .
A. for sending it B. to send it to
C. to send D. to send it
12.It has been suggested that the land equally among the farmers.
A. is shared B. should share
C. be shared D. will be shared
13.The highway to the city is under repair now.
A. leads B. led C. to lead D. leading
14.We a pleasant journey but for the rain.
A. would have B. will have
C. had had D. would have had
15.If you had got up early, you here on time.
A. would reach B. would have reached
C. have reached D. had reached
16.This custom the seventeenth century.
A. comes from B. dates from
C. happened from D. appeared until
17.The picture on the wall looks better .
A. in a distance B. in the distance
C. at a distance D. at the distance
18.The police a prisoner.
A. are searched for B. is searching after
C. are searching for D. is searching for
19.He the apple but could not it.
A. reached; reached B. reached for; reached for
C. reached for; reached D. reached; reached for
20.She was the first about it.
A. to learn B. learning
C. learning D. to have learned
1What words and expressions will you need talk about discovery and science exploration?
2What modern means can explorers make use today?
3The native people think damage the grave will disturb their ancestors.
4Science need brave people who are willing to risk their lives.
5Instead of sending people, we can send robots equipped of cameras and other tools to do observation for us.
6Zheng He renews relations with the kingdoms of the East Africa coast.
7The exchange with goods had a symbolic meaning far more important than the value of the goods themselves.
8The fleet made several expeditions before the exploration was stopping, probably for economic reasons.
9After 1433,the Ming court realized its greatest challenges and opportunities to at home.
10Climbing the highest mountain on earth, Mount Qomolangma, require great skill.
Unit 3(The land down under)
1．Modern Australia is made up of six states and two (地区).
2．The Sheltlanders(设得兰人) are on (岛屿的) race.
3．Nobody believed his (断言)that he was innocent.
4．Some Australian (土著居民)live in a similar way to their ancestors.
5．He can’t grasp the basic (概念)of mathematics.
6．Jim has an average level of (词汇) for a 3－yearold.
7．People (发音)the word differently in this part of the country.
8．Some publishers are now (多种经营) into software.
9．Although they are twins, they look (完全地) different.
10．It’s a (犯罪) to waste money like that.
1．Captain James Cook went on a scientific journey and claimed the east coast of the continent for British crown.
A. Captain Cook found the continent by traveling.
B. Cook found the continent and said it belongs to Britain.
C. Cook found the continent and said it belongs to the crown.
D. Cook found the continent and said the east coast of the continent belongs to Britain.
2．Some Australian Aborigines still live in a similar way to their ancestors, while others live in cities, towns and the country in the same way as their fellow Australians.
A. Some Aborigines live in the same way as their ancestors, but others live in the same way as the major Australians.
B. All Aborigines live in the same way as their ancestors.
C. All Aborigines live in the same way as the major Australians.
D. All above are wrong.
3．Some of the vocabulary used “down under” is quite different from what you may have learnt in your English class.
A. Some of the vocabulary used “down under” to show different meaning in English.
B.“Down under” is a different way to speak English.
C. Some vocabulary in Australian English is different from we have learnt in our English lesson.
D. Australian English is difficult than American English.
4．Australia was chosen as a new place where prisoners and criminals were sent.
A. The Australian land was used by the prisoners.
B. Australia was used as prison by Britain.
C. All Australians want to send prisoners to England.
D. Australians were chosen as persons who sent prisoners.
5．Australia is a young country on an ancient continent.
A. Australians are growing old.
B. Australians ancestors are older than the continent.
C. The country is young, the continent is old and has a long history.
D. Australians are younger than their country.
Fellow govern resemble transform strengthen
Concept entire barrier medium differ
1.Our tastes from each other.
2.They are my at school.
3.The brothers each other in taste.
4.She is a girl of height.
5.A small baby has no of right and wrong.
6.Their opinion is opposite to ours.
7.Heat can water into steam.
8.The crowd had to stand behind .
9.It is a systematic attempt to our competitive ability.
10.Who really this country?
1.A:The reason why he took Swiss nationality in 1901 is still a question.
B: he took Swiss nationality in 1901 a question.
2.A:Australians like their language and love to have fun with it.
B: Australians are their language and love to have fun with it.
3.A:I did not recognize her until she said hello to me.
B: was not until she said hello to me I recognized her.
4.A:He added some wood to the fire in case it might go out.
B: He kept the fire by some wood to it.
5.A:Aborigines still live in a similar way to their ancestors.
B: Aborigines still live in as their ancestors.
1. they speak their own kind of English.
A. Down under B. Under down C. Under D. Down
2.Modern Australia six states and two territories.
A. is made up of B. is making up of
C. is made from D. is made of
3.For holidays many people visit the Great Barrier Reef the northeast coast of Australia.
A. from B. far C. off D. by
4.Australian English pronunciation from British English.
A. different B. difference C. differ D. differs in
5.In the early twentieth century, Australia the USA of the eighteenth century.
A. is resembled B. is resembling C. resembled D. resemblance
6.He is seriously ill. Send him to hospital; .
A. there’s no a moment to lose
B. there’s not a moment
C. there’s no a moment to be lost
D. there’s no a moment losing
7.You need not pay, it is _______ .
A. nothing B. free C. no more D. busy
8.Of all the colors, yellow is my .
A. favorite B. best color C. best D. love
9.He worked hard but only earned a little money, such his fate.
A. are B. is C. was D. were
10.If the peasants could farm the land themselves, food production would be .
A. much higher B. very higher C. much high D. very much
11.Does anyone make a this book?
A. claim to B. claim for C. claim on D. claim against
12.Do you want an umbrella to the rain?
A. keep back B. keep off C. keep on D. keep from
13.The visit of the police was not the lost child.
A. joined to B. joined with
C. connected D. connected with
14.Too terrible! I can not that noise any longer. It will drive me crazy.
A. keep B. stand C. hold D. touch
15.It’s difficult to a conversation with someone who only says “yes” and “no”.
A. pick up B. put up C. given up D. keep up
16.We should put some money for future use.
A. on B. up C. away D. out
17.We are all the other teams at present.
A. very ahead of B. well ahead of
C. very head for D. well ahead for
18.You should take your raincoat with you it might rain on the way.
A. in case B. so that C. because of D. as if
19.We have a lot of food in for the bad weather.
A. store B. effect C. use D. search
20.Our car got in the mud, which delayed our journey.
A. broken B. stopped C. stuck D. lost
1.Australia is the only country in the world where covers an entire continent.
2.Australia is a wealth country.
3.The climate is different depend on the area.
4.China is so old as time.
5.The seventh point stands all the territories.
6.What was the problem to Australias constitution?
7.A long fence runs for hundred of kilometres.
8.The workers are painted the walls pink.
9.He is having his hair cutting.
10.Two plus two are four.
Unit 4(Green World)
1.This is (仅) the latest example of government interference.
2. (牡丹) is well－known as the national flower of China.
3.Some officials have the (特殊待遇) of having their special cars.
4.Don’t judge a person’s intelligence by his (外表).
5.The twins are so alike that it’s difficult to (区别) one from the other.
6.The witness explained the case to the police in (详细地).
7.A situation that is (舒适的) is comfortable and friendly.
8.Leaves had (聚集) around the fallen trunks.
9.Several college students were (牵涉) in the crime.
10.I have no (食欲) now because of headache.
1.Attempts had been made by others to classify plant species into groups, but the breakthrough came with the work of Carl Linnaeus.
A. Carl Linnaeus started the research in plant species and succeeded.
B. Carl Linnaeus and others tried to classify plant species into groups and succeeded.
C. Others attempted to classify plant species into groups but Carl Linnaeus made achievements in it.
D. Others classified plant species into groups, but Carl Linnaeus did not.
2.Showing how plants were related was a complex and strange thing before Linnaeus developed his system.
A. Linnaeus’system made it easy to show how plants were related.
B. Showing how plants were related was a complex and strange thing in Linnaeus time.
C. Nobody showed how plants were related.
D. Showing how plants were related was a simple and common thing in his time.
3.“Since the government would not pay for such a new field of science as botany, Joseph Banks, at the age of 25,had to supply about ￡10 000 of his own money.”In this sentence “such a new field of science” refers to .
A. botany B. astronomy
C. medicine D. gardening
4.Most of the life forms could be found nowhere else.
A. All of the life forms could be found here.
B. All of the life forms could not be found anywhere else.
C. Most of the life forms could only be found here.
D. Most of the life forms could not be found anywhere.
5.Turesson’s findings show that habitat, such as soil conditions is of equal importance to the output of crops.
A. Turesson’s findings show that habitat is more important than soil conditions.
B. Turesson’s findings show that habitat is as important as Mendel’s genetics.
C. Turesson’s findings show that Mendel’s genetics is less important than habitat.
D. Turesson’s findings show that habitat is not important.
Bunch classify cosy appoint calculate abandon reward detail altogether settle
1.Winners will a trip to England.
2.He can probably tell us all the we want.
3.A of children were at play.
4.Our visitors arrived at the time.
5.People working in libraries spend a lot of time books.
6.I felt warm and sitting by the fire.
7.I have that there are 10 080 minutes in a week.
8. ,the book is quite interesting.
9.I can’t make up my mind where to .
10.The driver his car in the snow.
1.A:Before the eighteenth century, botany was merely a branch of medicine.
B: Before the eighteenth century, botany a branch of medicine.
2.A:Some scientists classified plants into herbs and trees.
B: Some scientists plants herbs and trees.
3.A:Charles Darwin enjoyed all the freedom to experiment and do whatever he liked.
B: Charles Darwin enjoyed all the freedom to experiment and do he liked.
4.A:Most of the life forms could be found nowhere else.
B: Most of the life forms be found else.
5.A:His experiments were designed to support the ideas concerning the influence of environment upon plants.
B: His experiments were designed to support the ideas the influence of environment upon plants.
1.We went to a lot of to provide the safety equipment so please take care of it.
A. cost B. expense C. money D. efforts
2.Did you notice the on the doctors face when he heard that Kino had found the pearl of the world?
A. appearance B. expression C. description D. look
3.There has been development on a large since 1980.
A. amount B. number C. growth D. scale
4.He’s been to the State Supreme Court in California.
A. abandoned B. promoted C. appointed D. claimed
5.You have got to help me. I have else to go.
A. somewhere B. everywhere C. nowhere D. anywhere
6. we can’t get seems better than we have.
A. What; what B. What; that C. That; that D. That; what
7.Mum,I’m so busy now and I can’t help housework.
A. to doing B. doing C. do D. to have done
8.They want to know do to help us.
A. what can they B. what they can
C. how they can D. how can they
9.We don’t doubt he will succeed in the work.
A. that B. whether C. how D. what
10.Wet umbrellas are not allowed into the hotel.
A. to be taken B. to take C. taken D. taking
11. the fact that there was thick fog, he drove his car out.
A. Despite B. In spite
C. Although D. No matter how
12.Orange juice a lot of vitamin C.
A. includes B. contains C. owns D. possesses
13.Housekeeping cooking, washing dishes, sweeping and cleaning.
A. contains B. including C. involves D. concerns
14.The young man had no for hard work.
A. appetite B. taste C. desire D. enjoyment
15.All this their interests in Europe.
A. got B. contained C. had D. involved
16.Don’t worry! The food us several days, and we will find a way out.
A. lasted B. will last C. remains D. will keep
17.Many people poured into big cities from the countryside a better life.
A. look for B. to search C. after D. in search of
18.A man is being questioned in relation to the murder last night.
A. advised B. attended C. attempted D. admitted
19.I appreciated the opportunity to study abroad two years ago.
A. having been given B. having given
C. to have been given D. to be given
20.—You haven’t lost the ticket, have you?
— .I know it’s not easy to get another one at the moment.
A. Yes, I have B.I hope so
C. Yes, I’m afraid so D.I hope not
1.Today I visited the Smiths—my first time visit to an American family.
2. I look forward to hear from you soon.
3. Playing football not only makes us grow up tall and strong but also give us a sense of fair play.
4. The Smiths did his best to make me feel at home.
5. It was very kind for them to meet me at the station.
6. At school, we are studying quite a few subject.
7. Now people in Russia have far much spare time.
8. I caught a sight of my English teacher in the crowd.
9.The birds with broad beaks would eat hard seeds, but the birds with smaller beaks would eat soft seeds or insects.
10. Some people say that there are a few hundred different species while others believe that dandelions occur in many different shapes. The later believe that dandelions are different when growing in different habitat.
Unit 5(Getting the massage)
1．Who is the student in (负责) of English?
2．Nowadays most companies spend large sums of money(宣传)their products on TV.
3．Many of them worked as a (女服务员)in a coffee bar.
4．Chairman Mao is believed to be a (传奇人物).
5．Whisky is usually (联系) with Scotland.
6．The (数据)showed on the computer proved the sharp increase of population.
7．You’d better (贴)a label to each bottle.
8．According to our present (政策),each couple can only have one child.
9．Do you know the (女主角) of the film Gone with the Wind?
10．We give a 10% (折扣)for cash.
1.Not all ads are used to promote a product or to increase a company’s profits.
A .None of the ads are used to promote a product or to increase a company’s profits.
B. Each ad is not used to promote a product or to increase a company’s profits.
C. Some ads are used to promote a product or to increase a company’s profits, some are not.
D. All ads are used to promote a product or to increase a company’s profits.
2.Ads help companies and customers in a variety of ways.
A. Ads help companies and customers in various ways.
B. Ads help companies and customers in no way.
C. Ads help companies and customers in a way.
D. Ads help companies and customers in all ways.
3.Since an increase in sales means an increase in production.
A. Sales equal the profits of production.
B. Good sales reflect a large production.
C. The more it sells, the more it produces.
D. The more it sells, the less it produces.
4.They help make people take a critical attitude towards advertisement.
A. They help make people take a negative attitude towards advertisement.
B. They help make people take a positive attitude towards advertisement.
C. They help make people consider advertisement on all sides.
D. They help make people criticize ad and keep away from it.
5.out of 10 mothers choose Bigbrain.
A. Nine mothers choose Bigbrain.
B. One tenth of mothers choose Bigbrain.
C. Nine tenths of mothers choose Bigbrain.
D.10 mothers choose Bigbrain.
Product advertise frequent comparison accuse Appeal association get across charge profit
1.Fatal accidents have decreased in over recent years.
2.The man went to court on a of stealing.
3.He his meaning .
4.They have been the shampoo on TV.
5. of computers has increased double in the last few weeks.
6.It will not you to do so.
7.The experts are discussing the problems with cancer treatment.
8.The idea of a holiday abroad is certainly .
9.She was of having an affair with another man.
10.In today’s lesson our history teacher the British system of government with the American one.
1.A: Defenders of ads say that ads help us make informed choices as consumers by introducing good quality products.
B: Defenders of ads say that ads help us make choices with of the products by introducing good quality products.
2.A: The development of radio, television and other media has gone hand in hand with the development of advertising.
B: The development of radio, television and other media is closely the development of advertising.
3.A: Because ads are powerful and some companies try to mislead us, we must be careful.
B: Because ads are powerful and some companies try to in a way, we must be careful.
4 A: Customers see so many ads every day. The advertisers must work hard to get their message across.
B: Customers see so many ads every day. The advertisers must work hard to customers their message.
5.A: Therefore advertising, instead of making a product more expensive, often makes it cheaper.
B: Therefore advertising make a product more expensive but makes it cheaper .
1.She went to court and accused him cheating.
A. for B. of C. about D. with
2.When Peter was away on business, his neighbor gave his wife with the housework.
A. an aid B. a help C. a hand D. a lift
3.We’re annoyed by his unpunctuality.
A. always B. often C. frequent D. fall
4.People can badly to certain food additives.
A. act B. react C.creat D. active
5.How much do you for mending shoes?
A. charge B. spend C. take D. cost
6.hen people think of this brand, they always it with good quality.
A. associate B. advertise C. combine D. trade
7.I don’t know much about China; ,I can’t advise you about it.
A. however B. otherwise C. therefore D. but
8.In many countries, packets of cigarettes come with a government health warning them.
A. attaching with B. attached with
C. attaching to D. attached to
9．She armed herself the interview by finding out all she could about the company in advance.
A. with;/ B. for;/ C. for; what D. with; that
10．It took some explaining to my ideas .
A. get; across B. get; over C. get; cross D. get; through
11．What he said right later.
A. was proved B. has been proved
C. proved D. is proved
12．—I’m afraid I can’t finish the magazine within the required time. —
A. Please go ahead B. That’s right
C. Not at all D. Take your time
13．The old man has so bad a cold that he has lost all of smell.
A. feeling B. sense C. skill D. strength
14．The words of my old teacher left a impression on my mind and I am still influenced by them.
A. long B. lively C. lasting D. forever
15．Before you make a speech, you should your thoughts and ideas.
A. get B. take C. bring D. collect
16．The thing that is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not.
A. cares B. matters C. considers D. minds
17．It’s beyond description. Nowhere else in the world such a quiet, beautiful place.
A. can there be B. you can find
C. there can be D. can find you
18．It was games that cost the boy a lot of time that should have been spent on study.
A. playing B. played C. to have played D. having played
19．We must keep our classroom clean for dirt and disease go .
A. from time to time B. hand in hand
C. one after another D. step by step
20． alone in the dark room, the little boy was so frightened as to cry.
A. Leaving B. Having left C. To be left D. Left
1．Advertising is a high developed industry.
2．He cost much money on advertisements.
3．The United Nations selected famous people to make its program knowing to the public.
4．He frequent visited his mother in hospital recent days.
5．The boss always has his workers to work overtime.
6．Peter was elected the chairman of the Students Union.
7．Some ads hide important informations by using small print.
8．Good advertisements make that possible to introduce new products.
9．It’s difficult to get this text crossing.
10．We found our house break into that afternoon.
Unit 6(Going west)
1.Everybody knows she benefited from her (锲而不舍) and hard work.
2.All the countries in the world are cooperating to wipe out all the (追随者) of Alquida.
3.The (形势) home and abroad forced us to take urgent measures.
4.Twenty days after the Indian Ocean Tsunami another (幸存者) was found unexpectedly.
5.Many tourists travel to the town on the (边境).
6.I take my full share of the (责任).
7.It’s not good to take (极度的) likes and dislikes.
8.He likes to talk the (惯常的) pattern.
9.We’ll celebrate the 56 (周年纪念) of the founding of the Peoples Republic of China.
10.We can (递送) goods to your door.
1.We traveled through four states and decided to spend the winter before moving on.
A. Four states were so long a way to go so we decided to stop moving on.
B. To spend the winter before moving on was decided by the four states we traveled through.
C. After traveling through four states, we decided to stop to spend the winter.
D. Before moving on to the four states ,we decided to spend the winter and have a rest.
2.We left traveling with a group of 45 wagons.
A. We were too tired so we left the traveling.
B .If we didn’t want to travel, we had to give a group of 45 wagons.
C. We left there and started moving on with a group of 45 wagons.
D. We left there and gave up traveling because of getting 45 wagons.
3.Each had all he could do to save himself and his animals.
A .All each could do was to try to save himself and his animals.
B. Each had got enough to save himself and his animals.
C .Each had all, so all he could do was to save himself and his animals.
D. To save himself and his animals was above all.
4.I was so weak and tired that I got onto my knees and started moving across the sands on all fours.
A.I was too weak and tired to stand up and walk, so I had to crawl across the sands.
B.I was so weak and tired that I took off my trousers to cool my knees and moved across the sands on four wagons.
C.I was so weak and tired that I lay down and moved on with the help of four.
D.I knelt down because of weakness and tiredness and was carried by four wagons to move across the sands.
5.Time would be lost waking him.
A. There was no enough time to wake him.
B. If he woke him up, time would be lost.
C. Time would be missing for waking him.
D. Lost time was not easy to regain, so he decided not to wake him.
Anxiety desperate relief apply...to... survival tough burden
Tax come to an end memorial
1.In her to please, she asked them to stay for dinner.
2.To their great ,the children all arrived home safely.
3.The situation had become ;we were rapidly running out of money.
4.We should theory practice.
5.Dragging the load uphill was work for the horse.
6.All good things must .
7.Last week we visited Lu Xun’s Hall.
8.It is a to the people.
9.There is a large an cigarettes.
10.Camels can for many days with no water.
1. A:I am more of a leader than a follower.
B:I a leader than a follower.
2. A:I don’t lose heart when I fail to do something.
B:I keep up when I don’t doing some-thing.
3. A: This was the meeting place for people moving to the west.
B :People often at this place when they to the west.
4. A: Now we were on our feet with another 500 miles to go.
B: Now we for another 500 miles.
5. A: In anxiety of reaching a place of safety, no one stopped to look or help.
B :Everyone was anxious a place of safety, they didn’t stop to look or help.
1．Scientific discoveries are often industrial production method.
A. used to B. applied to
C. suited to D. accustomed to
2．Don’t lose ;all will turn out well.
A. mind B. head C. heart D. spirit
— .We’ve got plenty of time.
A. All right B. Please don‘t
C. No worry D. Take it easy
4．Her spirits have very well despite all her bad luck.
A. put up B. made up C. taken up D. kept up
5．When she saw her mother, all the anxiety .
A. came to an end B. came to stop
C. went to end D. put to end
6．My father, the person, managed to fix the toaster.
A. worlds least mechanical B. least mechanical in the world
C. least worlds mechanical D. least mechanical world
7．Seeing the green valley, we thought we had reached the land!
A. promise B. promised C. to promise D. promises
8．We are making efforts to carry out the .
A.11-five-year-plan B.11-five-year plan
C.11-five-years-plan D.11th five-year plan
9．Farmers who saw us stared at us as if we skeletons.
A. walked B. were walking
C. like walking D. are walking
10．I love my hometown I have been living for nineteen years.
A. which B. that C. where D. when
11．The rain for two days and the roads were flooded.
A. kept up B. kept on C. kept down D. kept up with
12．This to be an expensive mistake.
A. was proved B. proved
C .has been proved D. proved as
13．I shall you if you are not quick.
A .leave; off B. leave; out
C .leave; behind D .leave; over
14．You should those children about their bad table manners.
A. pull; back B. pull; down C .pull; off D. pull; up
15．He admits that his political life is .
A. at stake B. at danger C .at difficult D. in trouble
16．—My foot hurts terrible, doctor.
—Well, I wonder it has been like this.
A. since when B. how C. where D. when
17．It was that caused him to serve dinner an hour later than usual.
A. we were too late B. because we were late
C. our being late D. us being late
18． has got round that it will be five days he comes back to his native place.
A. That; when B. News; that
C. It; since D. Word; before
19． and we will complete the task sent to us.
A. Another hour B. An hour later
C. After an hour D. In an hour
20．It is required that every student their homework on time.
A. will hand in B. must hand over
C. hands out D. hand in
1．Twenty drivers would carry the vaccine in relay race.
2．The real race for time started from Nenana.
3．As a result of the survival training in the wild, the students come to a better understand of their social responsibilities.
4．The account of the wonderfully land gave my father the strange but brave idea.
5．As time goes on, I push with growing anxiety about NMET.
6．Not long after that, we reached to a running stream.
7．Our days of hardship will come to end forever!
8．April 12,1846,was chosen as the day which all should be ready to start.
9．The new settlements in America soon became known for the Wild West.
10．You are great! Keep on the good work!
Unit 7(A Christmas Carol)
1．Jean’s got no (良心)，she’d steal anything from anybody.
2．He had a high (志向) to be a headmaster.
3．This man (承认) that his motive is profits.
4．The rivers and forests of the New World were (丰富的，充裕的) with fish and wood.
5. She said she didn’t like it, but (就自己而言，亲自) I thought it was very good.
6．Having retired from business, he now (忙于……) himself with his garden.
7．He is (经常地，不断地) tearing up what he has already written and beginning over again.
8．It is (自私) to want all your own way and not to consider the wishes of other people.
9．She always wears (引人注目的) clothes.
10．My father never (渴望,有……的雄心) to the job of managing director, and was very surprised when it was offered to him.
1. Much good may it do you!
A．I hope Christmas will bring you good luck.
B. May can make you feel good.
C. You do many goods in May.
D. You may do goods.
2.I. think it’s because he walks slower than he used to, as of late.
A. In my opinion, he used to be late, but now, he is not.
B. In my opinion, he used to be on time, but now, he is late.
C. In my opinion, he is late because he walks too slow.
D.I think, recently he walks slower than before.
3.I can’t afford to make idle people merry.
A.I can’t pay idle people money to make them happy.
B.I have no time to make idle people happy.
C.I will not let poor people marry.
D.I will not hold any weddings for idle people.
4. Prisons and places like that lost honest tax payers like me enough; and those who are badly off must go there.
A. I have paid so much money on prisons, so it’s your fault to let bad men everywhere.
B. I’m an honest tax pays, I shouldn’t be put into prison.
C .We, honest tax pays, spent money on prisons where the poor should be sent there. So don’t bother me.
D. There are so many workers out of work, so we shouldn’t waste money in building prisons.
5. Let’s observe another little scene, as you might have in your life to come.
A .You will travel in future.
B. You will be born, so let’s remember it.
C. Your future life is in this scene.
D. I’ll welcome you to my house from the picture I’m showing you.
Conscience wage abundant admit badly off constant noble
Selfish foolish occupy
1. His work______ him for the whole day.
2. Were you______ at that time?
3. He did poorly in English in all .
4. The old man’s hands shook.
5. Most British workers get their_______ by the week.
6. The river is_______ in fish.
7. Don’t ask so_______ questions.
8. He_______ having done wrong.
9. A_______ person always puts self first.
10. He was the _______ personage of his time.
1. A: Too cold to write, Humbug!
B: It is cold I can’t write.
2. A: You will celebrate Christmas by losing your position.
B: celebrate Christmas, you’ll lose your position.
3. A: Many thousands are in want of basic needs, hundreds of thousands are in want of basic comforts, sir.
B: Many thousands basic needs basic comforts, sir.
4. A: There are plenty of prisons, but they cannot provide warmth.
B: There are plenty of prisons cannot provide warmth.
5. A: Mary can’t go there; and Mary would die.
B: Mary die go there.
1．Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but they hang up I could answer the phone.
A. as B. since C. until D. before
2．Don’t be afraid of asking for help it is needed.
A. unless B. since C. although D. when
3． I have to put it away and focus my attention on study this week.
A. However the story is amusing B. No matter amusing the story is
C. However amusing the story is D. No matter how the story is amusing
4．Mr. Smith used to smoke ,but he has given it up.
A. seriously B. heavily C. badly D. hardly
5．It is any wonder that his friend doesn’t like watching television much.
A. no B. such C. nearly D. hardly
6．It was a small country house but it was large urban standards.
A. at B. for C. by D. from
7．Jane was hit on the head by the robber and was knocked .
A. mindless B. unaware C .brainless D. unconscious
8．Texas, the second largest state of America, is in natural resources.
A. wealthy B. abundant C .scattered D. deposited
9．When people become employed, it is which is often worse than lack of wages.
A. laziness B. poverty C. idleness D. inability
10．Her interest in redecorating the big house kept her for a whole week.
A. constrained B. dominated C. restricted D. occupied
11． ,the boys were shouting and singing.
A. Happy and excited B. Happily and excited
C. Happily and excitedly D. Happy and excitedly
12．I have battled with my over whether I should actually send this letter.
A. awareness B. consciousness C. conscience D. mind
13．He may not like my visit, but I shall go and see him .
A. anyway B. someway C. though D. therefore
14．Finally he admitted my letter.
A. to read B. to have read C read D. having read
15．The village was badly struck by the rare flood last night. The villagers were badly food and shelter.
A .in time of B. in charge of C. in want of D .in possession of
16．We should not complain about being poor—many families are much than we are.
A. worse off B. badly off C. well off D. better off
17．She does not like Miss Anderson, so she always avoids with her.
A. being leaving alone B. being left alone
C. being leaving behind D. being left behind
18．If your children a bit there‘d be room for another one on this seat.
A. tied up B. turned up C. closed up D. kept up
19．The factory produced many famous cars, many of them to foreign countries.
A. shipped B .were shipped C. was shipped D. shipping
20．The winners are :in third place, Mandy Johnson; in second place....
A. as follows B. as follow C. like follows D. as following
1．I’m so excited and so pleasing to win the prize that I’m not sure what to say.
2．They are afraid I might fall off from my bike and hurt myself.
3．They managed getting through the work in four hours though it was difficult.
4．These books are well worth to reading.
5．I think it is no need to tell him all you know.
6．You don’t know that how to do it.
7．The meal was praised for the best they had had for years.
8．Sports and games have an important part in people’s everyday life.
9．Being busy, so he can’t take off time to go home.
10—How are they getting on with the work?
—All goes well as planning.
Unit 8(Learning a foreign language)
1.The pupils wrote at their teacher’s (听写).
2.The words in a dictionary are in (字母的) order.
3.The key, (卡住) in the lock, could not be turned or withdrawn.
4. It has been (可怕地) hot this week.
5. We were (渴望) that help should be sent promptly.
6. Mr. Li is very ill and needs an (手术).
7. Don’t go higher up the cliff unless you find (无危险性的) foot holds.
8. I haven’t the (耐心) to hear your complaints again.
9. European dress has been (采用) by people in many parts of the world.
10. If your luggage is (超重),you’ll have to pay extra.
1. Reading something in English, I always get stuck when I came across a new word.
A. Reading something in English, I always have trouble when I came across a new word.
B. Reading something in English, I always put it down when I came across a new word.
C. Reading something in English, I always want to put aside the book when I came across a new word.
D. Reading something in English, I always remember it when I came across a new word.
2. I wish there was something I could do to make me interested in studying English again.
A.I want very much to learn English again.
B.I would like much to find a way to make me interested in studying English again.
C.I hope that someone can help me learn English again.
D.I wish I have an interest in learning English again.
3. Learning a language is obviously more than just memorizing words, phrases and structures.
A. Learning a language should memorize more words, phrases and structures.
B. Learning a language is not just memorizing words, phrases and structures.
C. It is important to memorize words, phrases and structures in learning a language.
D. It is unnecessary to memorize words, phrases and structures in learning a language.
4. Successful language students gain confidence and are able to relax and enjoy the learning.
A. Successful language students gain confidence by relaxing and enjoying the learning.
B. Successful language students gain confidence to relax and enjoy the learning.
C. Successful language students have confidence to relax and enjoy the learning.
D. Successful language students get confidence and are able to relax and enjoy the learning while learning a language.
5. Some believe that our brain adjusts itself to the language we hear around us.
A. Some believe that our brain can tell the language we hear around us.
B. Some believe that our brain can recognize the language we hear around us.
C. Some believe that our brain is active in language we hear around us.
D. Some believe that our brain adapts to the language we hear around us.
Stick appropriate operation correct acquire
Knock down patience fall behind level experiment
1. Choose the words from the list below.
2. How this machine ?
3. The door which won’t open.
4. The company has grown through of smaller businesses.
5. He walked so slowly that his mother lost with him.
6. We made an to explain air pressure.
7. Several of the runners in the race.
8. China has a high of civilization.
9. He almost by a motorcar.
10. He gave me three answers.
1. A：There must be a better way to learn new words.
B: There must be a better way new words.
2. A: The less anxious and more relaxed the learner is, the better the language acquisition proceeds.
B: the learner is less anxious and relax more, the language acquisition proceeds .
3. A: You did this for five years, so that is an awful lots of hours.
B: You did this for five years, is an awful lots of hours.
4. A: If you were to spend as many hours studying English, you would make great progress.
B: by spending as many hours studying English 、 make great progress.
5. A: We may find that learning a foreign language does not have to be twice as hard as learning our mother tongue.
B: We may find that learning a foreign language does not have to be twice learning our mother tongue.
1. How I wish every family a large house with a beautiful garden.
A. has B. had C. will have D. had had
2. Look at the trouble I am in! If only I your advice.
A. followed B. would follow
C. had followed D. should follow
3. It is hard for me imagine what I would be doing today if I in love, at the age of seven, with the Melinda Cox Library in my hometown.
A. wouldn’t have fallen B. had not fallen
C. should fall D. were to fall
4. He hesitated for a moment before kicking the ball, otherwise, he a goal.
A. had scored B. scored
C. would score D. would have scored
5. Without the air to hold some of the sun’s heat, the earth at night .
A. would be freezing cold B. will be freezing coldly
C. would be frozen cold D. can freeze coldly
6. A healthy life is frequently thought to be _______with open countryside and homegrown food.
A. tied B. bound C. involved D. associated
7. I am sorry I your glasses off the desk when I was wiping it.
A. drew B. hit C. struck D. knocked
8.The old couple decided to a boy and a girl though they had three of their own.
A. adapt B. bring C. receive D. adopt
9. In many cultures people who were thought to have the ability to dreams were likely to be highly respected.
A. interpret B. intervene C. inherit D. impart
10. Because Edgar was convinced of the accuracy of this fact, he his opinion.
A. struck at B. strove for C. stuck to D. stood for
11. I grandfather’s diary in the attic.
A. came to B. came by C. came at D. came across
12. It suddenly to me that we could use a computer to do the job.
A .took place B. happened
C. occurred D .was occurred
13. The desks and seats can be the height of a child.
A. adopted to B. adjusted to C. adjusted as D. adopted as
14.—I didn’t see her yesterday, I looked for her everywhere, but couldn’t find her.
—Oh, but you .She was working in the office.
A. must have B. ought to C. ought to have D. can’t have
15. —We weren’t sure which way to go. In the end, we turned right.
—You ____the wrong way. You______ left.
A. had gone; must have turned
B .went; must turn
C. have gone; would have turned
D. went; should have turned
16. —My Goodness! We have missed the flight.
—We_________ it, but we were caught in the traffic jam.
A. could have caught B. ought to catch
C. might catch D. must have caught
17 .Now then, children, it’s time you _____.
A. washed and dressed B. are washed and dressed
C. will wash and dress D. were washed and dressed
18. It’s high time that you____ home and I’d rather you _____ again sometime in the future.
A. go; come B. are going; come
C. went; came D. would go; would come
19. —Look at the heavy rain! — it would stop!
A. Only if B. Even if C. Ever since D. If only
20. —Did you blame the accident on him? —Yes, but I’d _______ it.
A. better not to B. rather not to
C. better not have done D. rather not have done
1. People in Britain are now able to take a university degree despite these difficulty.
2. I wonder how we can do with these old things.
3. He musn’t be Mr. Zhang, because he has gone to Beijing.
4. You should make it a rule to leave things there you can find them again.
5. Do you think it surprised?
6. It was in this house where he used to live.
7. Please give this package to whomever comes for it.
8. The idea that computers can realize human voices surprises many people.
9. A majority of doctors believes smoking does great harm to health.
10. East of the lake lies two factories.
Unit 9(Health care)
1. She received $10 000 (保险金) when her husband died.
2. According to the data from National Bureau of （统计数字） of China, he is the 1.3 billionth Chinese.
3. His cold couldn’t be rid of (摆脱掉) though taking the medicine for a whole week.
4. (绝望了), he dropped out of college and went to work to support his family.
5. Whenever he meets with some new words, he will (查阅) the dictionary.
6. The government has made a (全国) call to care for the AIDS.
7. We should carry on the spirit of utter (献身) to others without any thought of self.
8. Fleming continued his search until a fortunate incident led him to a new discovery of even greater (意义).
9. The July 7th (事变) happened in 1937 in Lugou Bridge in China.
10. The （压力） from their coaches and parents made them burnedout and ended up leaving the football team.
1. If I had had insurance, the sickness wouldn’t have caused such a big problem.
A. The sickness wouldn’t have caused such a big problem, but I hadn’t had insurance.
B. The sickness wouldn’t have caused such a big problem, but I didn’t have insurance.
C.I didn’t have insurance, otherwise the sickness didn’t cause such a big problem.
D.I hadn’t had insurance, or the sickness wouldn’t cause such a big problem.
2. This allowance, however, is only enough to cover the most fundamental needs such as food and clothing.
A. But this allowance is only enough for them to pay for the most fundamental needs such as food and clothing.
B. However, they can use the allowance to spend on the fundamental needs such as food and clothing.
C. This allowance is so much that they can spend it on the necessities.
D. They’ve received allowance enough to pay for the fundamental needs such as food and clothing, though.
3. If low－income families cannot afford to purchase medical insurance, as was the case with Wang Lin, other measures to reduce poverty will not succeed.
A. Though low-income families cannot buy medical insurance, as was the case with Wang Lin, the government can still go on with the measures to reduce poverty.
B. As long as low－income families cannot afford medical insurance, just as Wang Lin, there is still some difficulty in carrying on with other measures to reduce poverty.
C. Because low－income families can’t purchase medical insurance, as was the case with Wang Lin, the government will do nothing about it.
D. Not until the government take action to reduce the poverty will the lowincome families can afford to purchase medical insurance.
4. The United Nations AIDS Agency warns that the number of infected people in China could reach 10 million by 2020 unless more is done to prevent the spread of the disease.
A. The United Nations AIDS Agency warns that the number of the people who have AIDS will reach 10 million by 2020 if we don’t take any measures to prevent the spread of the disease.
B. The United Nations AIDS Agency warns that from now on as long as we take action to stop the spread of the disease, the number of the infected people will reach 10 million by 2020.
C. If we don’t adopt any measures from now on, to stop the spread of the disease, the number of the infected people in China could come to 10 million by 2020,which is warned by the United Nations AIDS Agency.
D. If we don’t adopt more measures to stop the spread of the disease, the number of the infected people in China could come to 10 million by 2020,which is warned by the United Nations AIDS Agency.
Incident sure risky prosper hope significant transfer diagnose devote consult
1. The doctor his illness as pneumonia.
2. Hearing that her husband’s disease was a case, the woman couldn’t help crying in despair.
3. Were there any interesting during your journey?
4. Fleming’s to his research led to the discovery of penicillin.
5. Fleming’s discovery of penicillin is of great________ in our fight against disease.
6. To reduce poverty, medical_____ must be considered as one of the fundamental needs for poor people in a welfare state.
7. About the subject we have many books.
8. The head office has been from London to Beijing.
9. To succeed in business one must be prepared to run .
10. The of this industry depends on a full order book.
1. A: If I had had insurance, the sickness wouldn’t have caused such a big problem.
B: insurance, the sickness wouldn’t have caused such a big problem.
2. A: Owing to the project and the kindness of his family and neighbors, Wang was able to receive treatment in time.
B: the project and the kindness of his family and neighbors, Wang was able to receive treatment in time.
3. A: He lived in a cold room. Worse still, whenever it rained, the rain leaked into the room.
B: He lived in a cold room. ,whenever it rained, the rain leaked into the room.
4. A: Whenever he meets with a new word, he will consult the dictionary.
B: Whenever he meets with a new word, he will it in the dictionary.
5. A: He didn’t realize his mistake until he was told about it.
B: It was he was told about it he realized his mistake.
1. The factory has workers because of the drop in sales.
A. laid out B laid off C. laid aside D. laid down
2I’m not quite sure how to get there—I’d better a map.
A. draw B. look C. search D. consult
3. She was depressed and felt totally about the future.
A. hopeful B. hopeless C. anxious D. unfortunate
4. If it for your help, we would be in serious trouble.
A. isn’t B. aren’t C. hasn’t been D. weren’t
5. She made a few mistakes playing the violin, but you should make for her since she’s only been playing for a year.
A. allowances B. promises C. room D. way
6. Mary is in bed with a fever and she can’t hope to the cold in a few days.
A. get rid of B. get away with C .get off D. get out
7. He requires that he an opportunity to explain his case.
A .is given B. should give C. give D. be given
8. It is said that some government leaders their position to get illegal profits for themselves.
A. occupy B. take C. abuse D. hold
9. Please ask the lawyer what his would be to take the case to court.
A. wage B. income C. fee D. welfare
10. The fans were well behaved, and the game was played without .
A .incident B. accident C. event D. matter
11. But for the rain, we it earlier.
A. would finish B. should finish C. should have finished D. must have finished
12. He is stupid., he doesn’t study.
A. In the first place B. In other words C. To be honest D. To make matters worse
13. Because of his devotion music, he has become friendly with Mrs. Keith, a pop singer.
A. to B. for C. in D. at
14 . I was under pressure from my parents to become teacher.
A. a; a B. the; the C a ;/ D./; a
15. James didn’t attend the meeting and .
A. so did Jane B. neither did Jane C. Jane didn’t too D. Jane did too
16. The boys work hard , do the girls.
A. as B. the same C. the similar D. like
17. That was found to be in many developing countries.
A fact B. the case C. the condition D. the state
18. I hope the weather by this afternoon, because we want to go out.
A. cleans up B. cleans out C clears up D. clears out
19.Accidents often out of carelessness.
A. rise B. raise C. go up D. arise
20. The moment we had been looking forward to at last.
A. coming B. come C. comes D. came
1．Wang is a laying－off worker, who suffers from AIDS.
2．So far, the project helped more than 2000 people receive medical aid.
3．It does not cover health care, house or education.
4．The disease of AIDS has caused over 30% of low-income residents to live on poverty.
5. It is said that a society can be judged in the way it cares for its weaker members.
6．The funds are limiting and it is possible to meet all the needs.
7．In twentieth century, Fleming discovered it.
8．Fleming invented many new ways to treat the wounds.
9. On a bench by the sink, he found some old glass containers, which he had been growing bacteria.
10．It was not until World War Ⅱ when the importance of Fleming’s discovery was fully recognized.
unit10 (American literature)
1. He was a only 22－year－old man to be (担负起) with a large family.
2. But unfortunately the (成果) of the scientific experiments was referred to those who had nothing to do with them.
3. He was very much satisfied with the house (布置好的) with all furniture he needed.
4. They had a lot of work to (处理) to.
5. You can claim your (行李) over there.
6. The (简写的) edition of this novel has been published at length.
7. I could hardly recognize you with your hair (剪头).
8. I can’t accept your invitation, but thank you (无论如何).
9. At last his requirement met with general (同意).
10. At that moment, he saw a sharp light(闪烁) over the sky.
1. She had only $1.87 with which to buy Jim a present.
A. She can only use $1.87 to buy Jim a present.
B. With only $1.87 left, she could buy Jim a present.
C. All the money she had was no more than $1.87 with which she could buy Jim a present.
D. She saved as much as $1.87 which was enough to buy Jim a present.
2. Twenty－one dollars they took from her for the gold watch chain.
A. She sold the gold watch chain to them for twenty－one dollars.
B. The shop sold the gold watch chain for 21 dollars to her.
C. She could only buy a gold watch chain worth 21 dollars.
D. The gold watch chain was only worth 21 dollars in this shop.
3. I had my hair cut off and sold it because I couldn’t have lived through Christmas without giving you a present.
A. Someone cut off my hair and sold it because I wanted to buy a Christmas present in order to live through the Christmas.
B. She didn’t live through Christmas because she didn’t buy him a present. So she had her hair cut off and sold.
C. I had my hair cut off and sold it in order to buy a Christmas present for you. If not, I couldn’t live on.
D. If I hadn’t bought a Christmas present for you, I couldn’t have had a happy Christmas with you. So I had my hair cut and sold it.
4. I don’t think there’s anything in the way of a haircut or a shampoo that could make me love my girl any less.
A. Such things as a haircut or shampoo couldn’t make me love my girl any less.
B. If you have your hair cut off or use shampoo, I could no longer love you.
C. I think if you have your hair cut or use something like shampoo, that would make me love you even more.
D. I think if you have your hair cut off or use something like shampoo, that would make me love you even less.
5. He was only twenty－two—and to be burdened with a family!
A. He was not more than twentytwo years old but he had to support a family.
B. A twentytwoyearold man like him shouldn’t be burdened with such a large family.
C. It was too much for a twentytwoyearold man to support a family.
D. He was old enough to be burdened with a family.
Bakery prayer proud rare simple approval possession
Calculate burden possible
1. We’re going ahead with the wedding even though my family don’t .
2. It isn’t a question of money.
3. I have seen such a beautiful sunset at the seaside.
4. She herself on her ability to speak several foreign languages.
5. He was that no one had noticed his absence.
6. In ancient times, bricks were in the sun.
7. China’s economic development has opened up a world of for western companies.
8. The developing countries bear the of an enormous external debt.
9. According to our ,we’re only got three years left.
10. He gave away all that he .
1. A: I’m well prepared for the trip.
B:I have for the trip.
2. A: We take pride in Liu Xiang who got the first place.
B: We Liu Xiang who got the first place.
3. A: He stared at as if he wanted to say something to me.
B: He me as if he wanted to say something to me.
4. A: This TV play is worth watching.
B: This TV play is .
5. A:I have only 0.5 pound with which I can buy a gift for him.
B:I have only 0.5 pound a gift for him.
1. The bike my father bought me him about one thousand yuan.
A. took B. spent C. paid D. cost
2. The students were sitting in the classroom with their eyes on the teachers.
A. fixing B. fixed C. were fixed D. being fixed
3. She didn’t have enough money a present for her husband.
A. with which to buy B. with that she bought C. which she could buy D. with buying
4.—How much is the T－shirt ? —65.
A. worth B. cost C. worthy D. paid
5. The patients with AIDS are with free treatment in the hospital.
A. taking care of B. looking after C. attended D. cared
6. This problem is .
A. worth being considered B. worth considering
C. worthy consideration D. worthwhile being considered
7. She stopped as if which way she should take.
A. she wants to see B. to see C. seeing D. seen
8. Customs are different the area.
A. from B. depending on C. between D. according to
9.I must finish the urgent work by tomorrow.
A. anyhow B. no matter how C. any time D. no matter what
10. The resolution met with general .
A. approval B. approved C. approving D. approve
11. —Do you regret having left your first job?
—Why should I?I as much, but I enjoy more of it.
A. didn’t earn B. don’t earn C. hadn’t earned D. haven’t earned
12. We’ve already discussed the subject great length.
A. at B. in C. on D. to
13. —Sam speaks English like a native. I always admire him.
—Now he is learning more difficult language—Arabic.
A. an; a B. /;the C./;a D. the; a
14. You will be there tomorrow—you won’t let me , you?
A. out; will B. down; won’t C. out; won’t D. down; will
15. —I hear Robert has gone to Harvard University for his masters degree.
—Oh, how nice! Do you know when he ?
A. was leaving B. left C. had left D. has left
16.—According to the agreement, you must finish the work by this month.
—Don’t worry. We’re trying hard and it that long.
A. hasn’t lasted B. won’t last C. didn’t last D. doesn’t last
17. None of them had expected that the middle－aged engineer died his design uncompleted.
A. with B. from C. without D. through
18.If you don’t take professional pride your work, you’re probably the wrong job.
A. of; in B. on; of C. in; on D. in; in
19.The room was with some old tables, a blackboard; and an old stove.
A. furnished B. provided C. supplied D. filled
20.While paying for the gas, Mary’s mother told the seller about the nice night she had spent at the Welcome Inn.
A. in which B. when C. on which D. that
1. She had only a pen for which to write a composition.
2. Something fine and rare—something worth of the honor of being owned by Jim.
3. There were two possessions for which they took pride.
4. She quickly made up her hair and went out.
5. They took twenty－one dollars from her with the present.
6. He sat there still, with his eyes fixing on her hair.
7. There was an expression on his face which she had not been prepared.
8. “Don’t make any mistake with me,”he said.
9. The dull precious metal seemed to flash, as if be reflecting her bright spirit.
10. She was terrifying by the expressions in Jim’s eyes.
unit11 (Key to success)
1.The (比例) of the surface of our planet is covered by more than 70 percent of water.
2.One of his (同事） that is known to have stolen the computer is suspected of having stolen the money.
3.Some sets of the tools are only in (暂时)needs.
4.The safety (规则) of the factory have come out at last.
5. (祝贺) to you on your success.
6.Those developed countries should give more (资金的)help to the poor countries.
7.They collected 80 percent of the (问卷).
8.Many teammates ended up leaving the team as a result of the pressure from
9.Many young English teachers (辞职) from their posts.
10.The (结合) of theory and practice proved to be practical.
1. One of the colleagues who stole things in the past is suspected of having stolen the camera.
A. They suspect one of the colleagues who stole things in the past to be the very man who has stolen the camera.
B. One of the colleagues who stole things in the past is sure of having stolen the camera.
C. They are sure that one of the colleagues who stole things in the past stole the camera.
D. It is unsure that one of the colleagues who stole things is the thief.
2. Do you stick with your friends through thick and thin?
A. Do you support your friends at any time?
B. Are you for your friends but not against them whatever happens?
C. Do you share happiness and sorrow with your friends?
D. If your friends betray you, you’ll betray them, too.
3. No matter how hard you try, working towards a career for which you are not suitable is not going to get you there.
A. However hard you try, you won ‘t get to the place where the work is.
B. As long as you try your best, you can succeed in what you want to do.
C. If you take in a job that is not suitable for you, you can do it successfully as long as you do your best.
D. If you find a job that is quite fit for you, you will probably succeed in doing it if you try your best.
4. By following your own interests will you ensure that you arrive at the best possible station in life.
A. It is certain that you will arrive at the best station where you want to go if you follow your own way to it.
B. You are sure to succeed in whatever you want in life if you do something that you find interesting to you.
C. Your own interests are sure to lead you to the station where you want to take the train.
D. In all your lifetime, you will be following your interests in order to arrive at the place where you want to.
5. School life is a preparation for our working days to come.
A. School education prepares us for our future.
B. Whether our future working conditions are good or not have little to do with the life in the school.
C. We make good preparations for our future work if we spend our daily life happily in school.
D. We must study hard; in that way we are sure to get a good job in the future.
Excite expect percent actual certain repute
Regulation Combine ambitious exceptional
1.The court case a lot of public interest.
2.What of his income is paid in income tax?
3.r Scrooge had the of being a miser.
4.I felt what to do next.
5.He ate a light lunch in of a good dinner.
6.I doubt whether your procedure would be considered by the Tourist Bureau.
7.His to become manager is likely to be realized.
8.He not only ran in the race, he won it.
9.The university is supported by a of income from endowments and fees from students.
10.You must all be present at 8:00 a.m., I can make no .
1. A:Kate,28,even stopped shooting Wooly Allen’s new film to spend more time with her young family.
B:Kate,28,even Wooly Allen’s new film to spend more time with her young family.
2. A :Looking back, she congratulates herself on this decision.
B: looks back, she congratulates herself on this decision.
3. A: As the years went by, she worked in many places.
B: the years ,she worked in many places.
4. A: But a project team requires very different roles from those of a rugby team.
B: But a project team very different roles from those of a rugby team.
5. A: Working in a team, we have to consider how each individual member works best.
B: Working in a team, we have to how each individual member works best.
1. difficulties we’ll meet, we must finish the work in time.
A. However B. Whatever C. Whichever D. Wherever
2. After the long journey, the guide a very good one.
A. proved B. proved to be C. proved of D. all the above
3. —What time will we go there?
—I’m not sure. It the matter I have been getting along.
A. depends on B. lies on C. asks for D. deals with
4. The policemen his name and address.
A. asked B. questioned C. told D. demanded
5. late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm.
A. To sleep B. Sleeping C. Sleep D. Having slept
6.The bad weather meant the rocket launch for 48 hours.
A. delaying B. to delay C. having delayed D. to have delayed
7.—I’d like to go to the cinema with you, Dad?
—Sorry, my darling, but the film is for adults only.
A. designed B. intended C. meant D. all the above
8. Only by following this method .
A. we can study English well B. can we be able to study English well
C. can we study English well D. study English well can we
9. You should make of the time at school or you’ll regret.
A. nothing B. the most C. much D. everything
10. We happen to age.
A. be the same B. be of an C. have the same D. have an
11.This is a(n) arrangement, not a permanent one.
A. frequent B. temporary C. actual D .individual
12. You managed the project well, your inexperience.
A. considered B. consider C. to consider D. considering
13. I’ve come to the point I can’t stand her arguing any longer.
A. why B. which C. that D. where
14. Success in money is not always a good of success in life.
A. level B. medium C. criterion D. criteria
15. Nobody wants to make friends with the boy money.
A .suspected of having stolen B. suspecting to steal
C. suspected having stolen D. suspecting to have stolen
16. I know you’re new in the job, but me and you’ll be all right.
A. stick to B. stick with C. stick out D. stick around
17.The couple only stayed together the children.
A. in the hope of B. for the purpose of C. in the name of D. for the sake of
18.She to have lunch with her friend, saying that she wasn’t feeling well.
A. declined B. resigned C. tended D. approved
19. With the fact that he’s a good deal younger than the rest of us into account I think he has done pretty well indeed.
A. taking B. to take C. taken D. to be taken
20. She wanted the comfort of a large car and the low cost of a small one, so she bought a size in between the two .
A. for compromise B. as a compromise C. as compromise D. for a compromise
1.Know someone’s personality type and ability is to know a great deal about that person.
2.Knowing other people’s shortcomings can help us avoid embarrass them.
3.He stood there dumfounded, his eyes keeping on the teacher.
4.The best use they made each other’s talent helped them a lot.
5.Now do the same with your opposite hand, the ones you do not usually use for writing.
6.It is important to recognize that each personality type is in equal value.
7.It is well-known, at the age of 17 to 18,many dream of going to university.
8.The apples on the stand are quite different from which in the supermarket.
9.We have to make how each individual member works best into account.
10.The government has promised to have measures to help the unemployed.
1.Teachers should be (严格) with their students.
2.Tom was ill, so he was (缺席的) in class yesterday.
3.Many kinds of good seeds are (挑选) by farmers every year.
4.A good teacher should (适合) his lessons to the age of his pupils.
5.The man had thirty parcels to be (分送) at houses all over the town.
6.Metals (变大) when they are heated.
7.They are busy (捐赠) some money and clothing to the people who have suffered from the earthquake
8.Where can I (得到) the book?
9.They spent a lot of time (分析) the causes of their failure.
10.He was (不愿意) to accept her advice.
1.In areas where agriculture plays an important role, people do not attach importance to education.
A. In areas where agriculture plays an important role, people don’t think education is important.
B. In areas where agriculture plays an important role, people think education is important.
C. In areas where agriculture plays an important role, people lay emphasis on education.
D. In areas where agriculture plays an important role, people think education is of great importance.
2.In China most citizens live in the eastern areas and this results in large class sizes.
A. In China most citizens live in the eastern areas and this results from large class sizes.
B. In China most citizens live in the eastern areas and this makes the class sizes become small.
C. In China most citizens live in the eastern areas and this leads to large class sizes.
D. In China most citizens live in the eastern areas and this leads to small class sizes.
3.China’s large population meant that the schools had to expand to take in many more students.
A. China’s large population meant that the schools had to let many more students go to school.
B. China’s large population meant that many more students were not admitted into the schools.
C. China’s large population meant that the schools did not allow many more students to go to school.
D. China’s large population meant that the schools had to expand to absorb many more students.
4.In other aspects you have a lot in common.
A. In other aspects you have much in common.
B. In other aspects your opinions are the same.
C. In other aspects your thought is different.
D. In other aspects you have little in common.
5.China and other countries found that even in the countryside when children do start school, they have a tendency often to be absent and drop out later.
A. China and other countries found that even in the countryside when children do start school, they go to school regularly.
B. China and other countries found that even in the countryside when children do start school, they tend to be absent and do not go to school later.
C. China and other countries found that even in the countryside when children do start school, they are unwilling to be absent.
D. China and other countries found that even in the countryside when children do start school, they are sometimes present.
Compulsive commitment expend evidence distribution
Restriction absence professional tend measurement
1.Is English a subject in your country?
2.He refused to himself by talking about the crime.
3.When I spoke to him, he looked at me in an way but did not answer.
4.Our country’s foreign trade has during recent years.
5.The firm its profits among its workers.
6.She did not believe in his of passionate love.
7.He looked at his two daughter with pride.
8.Discussion at the meeting was to the agenda.
9.The police took strong against dangerous drivers.
10.There was a strong upward in oil shares yesterday.
1.A:In China, as it is the case with other countries, the government realizes that the future welfare of their citizens is closely linked to education.
B: In China, other countries, the government realizes that the future welfare of their citizens is closely linked to education.
2.A:For a start, how old was she when her father married again?
B: ,how old was she when her father married again?
3.A:Parents are not prepared to send girls to school because they do not believe it will be very beneficial.
B: Parents are not prepared to send girls to school because they do not believe it will be .
4.A:One in three students is fond of the film.
B: One three students likes the film.
5.A:His careless driving led to a bad accident.
B: His careless driving a bad accident.
1.He was strict his work.
A. in B. with C. for D. on
2.Little Tom is often absent class.
A. from B. on C. for D .to
3We him our monitor.
A. selected B. elected C. chose D. picked out
4.Does the climate here your health?
A. fit B. match C .suit D. suited
5.Hard work success.
A. results from B. leads in C. lies in D. results in
6. in the college entrance examination twice, he decides it again.
A. To fail; not to take B. Having failed; not to take
C. On failing; not to take D. Failing; not taking
7. no money, I could not buy the book.
A. Have B. Having C. To have D. To having
8. into many languages, the novel is well known to all.
A. Being translated B. Having translated
C. To be translated D. Having been translated
9. time and labor, cartoonists generally draw the hands of their characters with only 3 fingers and a thumb.
A. To save B. Saved C. Saving D. Having saved
10. in his last experiment, he got the same result.
A. As B. Like C. For D. Since
11.This house is similar that one in style.
A. to B. in C. for D. on
12.Tom did not like to study at school and later .
A. dropped in B. dropped out C. dropped on D. dropped off
13.He, you, is to blame.
A. other B. rather than C. and D. more than
14.She great importance regular exercises.
A. ties; to B. puts; to C. attaches ;to D. lays; on
15.They listened to my lecture, but how much did they ,I wonder?
A. get in B. put in C. take on D. take in
16. people are distributed can also affect the education system.
A. Why B. How C. What D. When
17.The parents their children food and clothing.
A. provided; with B. gave; with C. supplied; for D. gave; to
18.He can always be relied for help.
A. to B. for C. in D. on
19.He always enjoys experiments in the lab alone.
A. doing B. to do C. in doing D. of doing
20.—I don’t think you can manage it.
A. will all depend on B. will all depend
C. all depends D. all depends on
1.The future welfare of their citizens is closely linked for education.
2.They are experiencing similar difficulties with those that China faces.
3.Countries with a little population have problems too
4.Providing them for a full curriculum is difficult.
5.Many American children in small countryside schools study subjects used computer software.
6.It has worked out that 12% of the young females worldwide will still be unable to read and write by 2015.
7.When learnt something new, if you prefer to read the information you are probably a student who learns through seeing.
8.Learning through doing means be active in exploring the environment and finding out about things by moving and touching.
9.Students who have this learning style take a hands on approach on education and enjoy doing experiments or surveys.
10.If you are aware in your own learning style, there is a lot you can do personally to improve your study skills and find the most appropriate ways to approach your study tasks.
1答案 tight2答案 conclude 3答案 athletic 4答案 faded
5答案 suitable 6答案 confirm7答案 enthusiastic 8答案 fascinated
9答案 concentrated 10答案 energetic
1答案 C 2答案 C 3答案 D 4答案 A 5答案 B
1. confirm 2 settled 3 attempt 4 concentration 5 centred
6 burst 7 inspection 8 permission 9 suitably 10 concluded
1 sold many; books 2 sorted differently 3 interested; curious about
4 accept; attempt 5 happy all the time
1答案 B edition“版本”；edit动词，“编辑”;editor“主编”；editorial“评论”。
2答案 A解析be familiar to“为……所熟悉”；be familiar with “熟悉……”。
3答案 D解析 A项主语应为人；B、C两项搭配不当；D项意为“将……集中于”。
4答案 A解析 burst into sth.表示“突然而猛烈地产生”。
5答案 B解析 delight此处为名词，有“高兴、愉快”的意思。
6答案 C解析 that引导主语从句，在从句中不作句子成分，且不能省略。
7答案 B解析 动词不定式作主语，谓语动词用单数。
8答案 D解析 其余几项搭配不当，此处为不定式短语作主语。
9答案 B解析 动名词作主语，谓语动词用单数。
10答案 B解析 “the+形容词”表示“一类人”，作主语时，谓语动词用复数。
11答案 B解析 本题主要是区别几个由动词make构成的词组。make for意为“袭击，攻击”；make up意为“组成，补偿等”，题意是“当贼看到那只高大的狗向他们扑过来时，就逃走了”。据此意，应选make for。
12答案 C解析 根据题意“与其他人比起来，她的才智非常突出”，表示“突出，鲜明”，用stand out;stand off意为“距离”；stand on是“坚持”之意，都与题意相去甚远。
13答案 A解析 题中要表达的意思是“由于生病，海伦已连续三天没上学了”，表示“连续”用in a row,其余三项均无此意。
14答案 D解析 apply for意为“申请”；apply to作“应用”解，根据题意，现在新技术被运用到工业生产的每个过程，选D。
15答案 A解析 本题是将apply for与to联系起来用，需要申请的是许可证，故在permission前应该用介词for,至于publisher前用to，并非表示“应用”，而是表示“向某人申请”，故A为正确答案。
16答案B解析 本题要表示的意思是“最近在儿童中流行麻疹”，这是一种口语中常见的用法，用副词around来表示，容易混淆的是all over,但all over是“遍及”的意思，与“流行”不是一回事，故应排除；about与around作“大约，左右”解释时同义，但此处意思不同。
17答案 C解析 本题的意思是“脚步声渐渐消失了”，disappear虽有“消失”之意，但通常是指从视觉中消失，不见了，而脚步声是听觉，故A、B两项都不合适，D项是faint是“晕倒”之意，故只有C项符合题意。
18答案 D解析 本题主要是区别几个由动词turn构成的短语：turn on意为“打开（电器等）”；turn in意为“上交”；turn down是“拒绝”之意；turn out为“结果是”的意思，根据题意“受到高度赞扬的那个法国钢琴家很令人失望”。故选D。
19答案 C解析 本题主要是区别travel和journey,tourism意为“旅游业”，明显不合题意。travel为不可数名词，作名词时，通常用于表示抽象意义的旅行，不可以表示“从一地到另一地的具体的旅程”；而journey则常指有目的的旅行。故选C。
20答案 B解析 一般说来，that所替代的名词是被定冠词所限制的，如要替代有不定冠词a修饰的名词，则应用不定代词one,故在本题中用one代替a restaurant。
1 size→sizes 2was→were 3 answered前加which或that
4. have→has 5 year→years 6 weighs→weighing
7 the best前加be 8 are→is 9 depend→depends10 wears→wear
evaluate origin puzzle ambassadors accurate accomplish wander evidence existence praises
Various Wealthy commanded wandered is equipped return suggestion volunteered refer arose
1. solve; they have 2. face danger..
3. determination to try;caused 4. As;got in touch 5. traveled;by sea
1. 解析 by the name of意为“以……为名；名叫……”；in the name of 意为“用……名义；代表”；by name 意为“以名字；指名道姓的”；in name 意为“在名义上”。 答案 B
2. 解析 此处不能用动词形式，in exchange for 表“交换”。答案 D
3. 解析 run out of意为“用尽；耗光”。答案 C
4. 答案解析 apart from在此处意为“除……外（尚有）”。答案 A
5. 解析 suggest“建议”之意；其余几项搭配或意义不对。 答案 B6. 解析 此处应用被动形式。答案 C
7. 解析 从句意和时态两方面考虑。答案 B
8解析 guessing...and following...前后并列。答案 B
9. 解析 从to have discovered及 led 可知此处表过去，从句意上看应为“过去可能不是”故选D。
10. 解析 第一空为过去时，第二空为现在时。答案 B
11. 解析 “to send it to”是动词不定式短语用作后置定语。答案 B
12. 解析 suggest作“建议，要求，命令，应当做……”解时，其后的宾语从句中的谓语常用“should+动词原形”的形式，这时should可以省略。有类似用法的动词还有insist,demand,desire,request,require,propose等。
13. 解析 “leading to...”是现在分词短语用作后置定语。答案 D
14. 解析 本句为虚拟语气，表示与过去事实相反的情况，but for意为“要不是……”。答案 D
15. 解析 这句话使用了虚拟语气。因它所表达的是与过去事实相反的情况，从句用了had done过去完成时，所以主语应用“would等助动词+have done”的形式。答案
16解析 date from或date back to表示“追溯到……”。答案 B
.17. 解析 in the distance=far away，意为“在远处”；at a distance后要接“of+距离”,意为“在……的地方”。A和D项表达不正确。答案 B
18. 解析 police作主语时，谓语动词应用复数形式，因此答案在A、C两项中，A项语态错误，故选C。答案 C
19. 解析 reach for表示伸手够，但不一定够着，“reach+宾语”表示够着。答案 C
20. 解析 作序数词或带有序数词、形容词最高级的名词的定语时用动词不定词，不用现在分词。答案 A
1. need后加to 2 use后加of. 3. damage→damaging 4. need→needs
5. equipped of→equipped with 6. renews→renewed 7.with→of 8.stopping→stopped
9 to后加be 10.require→requires
territories island claim Aborigines concepts vocabulary
pronounce diversifying entirely crime
Differ fellows resemble medium concept entirely transform
Barriers strengthen governs
1. Why;remains 2. fond of 3. It;that 4. burning;adding
1. 解析 down under意为“在澳大利亚”。答案 A
2. 解析 be made up of强调组成整体的部分。答案 A
3. 解析 off有“远离”之意。答案 C
4. 解析 A为形容词，B为名词，C为动词，在某方面有不同之处应用differ in。答案 D
5. 解析 resemble不可用于被动语态和进行时态，D为名词。答案 C
6. 解析 意为“刻不容缓”，不定冠词相当于any,因此用not不用no。答案 B
7. 解析 free意为“免费的”。答案 B
8解析 空格处意为“最喜欢的”。答案 A
9.. 解析 such作代词，谓语动词由其后的主语决定。答案 C
10. 解析 表比较，但very不可修饰比较级。答案 A
11. 解析 本题中claim用作名词，与动词make连用，表示“认领”时，make a claim后接介词to。答案 A
12. 解析 本题主要是分辨几个keep短语。题意是要表示用伞挡雨，故应该用keep off the rain。keep back意为“忍住”；keep on为“继续”之意；而keep from后接doing sth.表示“不做某事”，都与题意不符。答案 B
13. 解析 本题主要是区别join to与connect with。join to意为“连接”，主要指物质的东西；而connect with也有此意，但除表示物质的东西相连接外，还可表示事情之间的某种联系，本题显然表示的是后者之意，故用connect with。答案 D
14. 解析 表示“忍受”动词用stand,其余选项均无此意。答案 B
15. 解析 本题的意思是“同一个只说是或不是的人维持交流是困难的”，表示“维持，保持，继续”，用keep up。pick up意为“拾起”；put up意为“举起”；give up 意为“放弃”，都不合题意。答案 D
16. 解析 本题是要辨析几个put 短语。本题是要表达将钱存起来以备将来之用，故应该用put away。put on为“穿上”之意；put up为“举起”之意；put out表示“熄灭，关掉”，都不能用在本题中。答案 C
17. 解析 表示“领先，超过”，用be ahead of，但修饰此短语时，不能用very，而应用well。故选B。答案 B
18. 解析 本题主要是检测对几个引导状语从句的连词的理解和掌握，根据题意，带伞是以防下雨，在四个选项中，in case用来指预防措施，提前做某些事以保证安全，或为以后要出现的问题作预先准备，本题即是此意。答案 A
19. 解析 表示准备或储存某物以备将来之需，用in store。in effect意为“生效”；in use表示“使用”；in search for则是“寻找”之意，用在本题中都不妥。故选A。
20. 解析 表示“陷于……中”，用get stuck in,get一般不与broken或stopped连用，这两个过去分词一般与be构成被动语态；get lost意为“迷路”，与题意不符。答案 C
where→which wealth→wealthy depend→depending so→as
all前加for to→with hundred→hundreds painted→painting
merely Peony privilege appearance distinguish detail
cosy accumulated involved appetite
be rewarded details bunch appointed classifying cosy calculated Altogether settle abandoned
was only grouped;into anything that couldn’t;anywhere related to
1. 解析 go to expense 是固定用法。答案 B
2. 解析 appearance “外表，外貌”；expression “表情”。答案 B
3. 解析 on a large scale “大范围的”。答案 D
4. 解析 appointed “委派”。答案 C
5.解析 nowhere else“到处”。答案 C
6. 解析 what引导名词性从句，在从句中分别作get,have的宾语。答案 A
7. 解析 help (to) do sth.“帮助做某事”。答案 C
8. 解析 宾语从句中应用陈述句式。答案 B
9. 解析 固定搭配not doubt that,doubt whether／if...。答案 A
10. 解析 用被动语态。答案 A
11. 解析 表示“尽管，虽然”，通常用although/though引导让步状语从句，而in spite of/despite后通常接名词、代词或动名词，不接句子。本题中the fact是名词，故用despite。B项in spite后缺少of，也可排除。答案 A
12. 解析 本题主要是区别include和contain，两个词都有“包含，含有”之意，一般include所包括的东西可脱离整体而单独存在，而contain所包括的东西是组成一个整体的部分，不可能脱离整体而单独存在，从本题意思来分析，应选contain为宜。答案 B
13. 解析 本题题意是：家务活包括做饭、洗碗、扫地及打扫卫生。根据上题的解释，本题不宜用contain，选项B中including是介词，不能作谓语，故只有C项的involve符合题意，意为“包含，涉及”。答案 C
14. 解析 have an appetite for意为“爱好，喜欢”，have desire for意为“欲望”，根据题意“这年轻人不喜欢艰苦的工作”可知A项为正确选项。答案 A
15. 解析 题意是：所有这些都牵涉到他们在欧洲的利益。表示“牵涉到……”，动词用involve。答案 D
16. 解析 根据句意“食物将维持续数天……”可知应用将来时态故排除A、C两项，在B、D两项中，有“持续，维持”之意的是B项。答案 B
17.解析 题意是“寻找更好的生活”，这是人们进城的目的。A项虽有“寻找”之意，但结构不对，B项是不定式可作目的状语，但词义不对，C项也是词义不对，只有D项是介词短语，意为“寻找，寻求”，可在句中作状语，是正确选项。答案 D
18. 解析 表示“蓄意谋杀”，murder前的定语应是attempted,因动词attempt有“打算，想要”之意，其余几项，advised意为“建议”，attended意为“出席”；admitted为“承认”，都不合题意。答案 C
19. 解析 动词appreciate后接动词ing形式，由于主语I与give之间是被动关系，故应使用动名词的被动式，据此，A项为正确选项。答案 A
20. 解析 从答句的意思可知，现在要弄到票很不容易，故回答者的心里应是不希望把票弄丢，所以应选I hope not。答案 D
去掉time hear→hearing give→gives his→their for→of subject→subjects much→more 去掉a but→while later→latter
charge advertising waitress legend associated figure
attach policy heroine discount
Frequency charge got; across advertising Production profit
Associated appealing accused compared
1. a good knowledge 2. associated with 3. lead; wrong
4. make; understand 5. doesn’t; instead
1. 解析 accuse sb. of sth. 意为“指控某人某罪”。答案 B
2解析 give sb. a hand 是固定用法。答案 C
3. 解析 时常发生的。答案 C
4. 解析 react to... 意为“对……有反应”。答案 B
5. 解析 charge“要价”，作动词。答案 A
6. 解析 associate sth.with sth.意为“把……与……联系起来”。答案 A
7. 解析 therefore因此，所以；otherwise否则。答案 C
8. 解析 过去分词作后置定语。attach sth.to sth.把某物系在/附在某物上。答案 D
9. 解析 arm oneself for...“为……而武装自己”；all在此作代词，后接省略that的定语从句。答案 B
10. 解析 表示“将某事讲清楚，让别人领会”用get...across。get over意为“克服”；get through意为“通过，接通电话等”。答案 A
11. 解析 本题主要是搞清prove是连系动词还是行为动词，若是行为动词，则要搞清主谓之间是主动关系还是被动关系，但从本题中的形容词right可判断出prove是连系动词，所以C为正确答案。答案 C
12. 解析 本题检测的是日常用语，当一方表示恐怕不能在规定的时间内看完这本杂志时，另一方应加以安慰，故Take your time是合理的答案。答案 D
13. 解析 表示人的感觉，无论是视觉、听觉、味觉、嗅觉等，都用sense。答案 B
14. 解析 题意是“老师的话给我留下了持久的印象”，表示“持久的”应使用lasting，指持续很长时间，从词义上容易产生干扰的是forever，表示“永远”，但该词是副词，不能修饰名词。答案 C
15. 解析 根据题意，表示“集中思路”，动词应使用collect，其余选项中的get,take,bring只表示具体的动作，一般不表示抽象的思路，故均不适用于本题。答案 D
16. 解析 题中表示的意思是：要紧的不是你失败与否，而是你努力与否。表示“有关系，要紧”，动词用matter。答案 B
17. 解析 表示否定意义的副词如not,seldom,little,nowhere等放在句首时，句子应该倒装。答案 A
18. 解析 本题是一个强调句，被强调的是句子的主语动名词短语，我们如果将该句恢复成一个普通句就可以看出，即Playing games cost the boy a lot of time that should have been spent on study.答案 A
19. 解析 表示“密切相关，连在一起”用hand in hand，在本题中符合题意，即肮脏与疾病是紧密相连的。答案 B
20. 解析 本题是分词短语作状语，在句中与主语是被动关系，故应使用过去分词，表示该动作是在谓语动词之前发生，即该小男孩被单独关在黑暗的房子里后，哭了起来。容易产生干扰的是C项，但不定式的被动式表示的动作往往与谓语动作同时发生或在谓语动作之后发生，不符合本题意思。答案 D
high→highly cost→spent knowing→known frequent→frequently
去掉to 去掉第一个the informations→information that→it
perseverance followers circumstances survivor frontier burden
desperate accustomed anniversary deliver
anxiety relief desperate apply...to tough come to an end Memorial burden tax survive
1. work as; better 2. spirits; succeed in 3. met; moved
4. began to walk 5. to reach; so
1. 解析 “被应用”之意。答案 B
2. 解析 lose heart表示“泄气、灰心”，其他搭配不当。
3. 解析 take it easy意为“不着急”，与下文意义一致。答案 D
4解析 keep up“保持”之意。答案 D
.5. 解析 come to an end是固定短语，意为“结束，终止”。答案 A
6. 解析 注意形容词的排列顺序。答案 A
7. 解析 the promised land意为“恩许之地”。答案 B
8解析 加连线的短语作定语，修饰名词plan。答案 B
9..解析 walking作定语。答案 B
10. 解析 where引导定语从句，并在从句中作状语。答案 C
11. 解析 题意是：雨持续下了两天，道路被洪水淹没了。表示“持续”可以用keep on,也可以用keep up,所不同的是keep on总是与doing sth.连用，而keep up则与名词连用或单独使用，据此本题的正确答案应是keep up。
12. 解析 题意是：这被证明是一个代价昂贵的错误。prove作“被证明是；（结果）表明是”解释时是连系动词，后接形容词、to be结构或名词，不能用被动式。答案 B
13. 解析 题意是：如果你不快点儿，我就把你丢在后面不管了。表示“把……丢在后面”用leave...behind;leave out是“遗漏”之意；leave off意为“停止”；leave over是“剩下”之意，都不符合题意。答案 C
14. 解析 本题主要是检测由pull构成的短语。pull down意为“拉下；摧毁”；pull off作“脱掉；努力实现”解释；pull up意为“斥责；阻止”。题意是：那些孩子就餐时举止不好，应训训他们。据此pull up为正确选择。答案 D
15. 解析 本题的意思是：他承认他的政治生涯出现了危机。at stake意为“危险的，有危机的”，符合题意。答案 A
16. 解析 本题需要选择一个连词，从答句中的现在完成时来推测，符合时态要求的连词只有since when,其余几项都不能与现在完成时连用。答案 A
17. 解析从句子结构上看，本题是一个强调句，被强调的成分是句子的主语，在所给的四个选项中，只有动名词可以作主语。C项是动名词的复合结构，可作主语，而D项虽是动名词，但us是宾格，不能作主语，A项缺少连词，B项是原因状语从句，都不能作主语。答案 C
18. 解析 本题有两个要点，一是表示“消息”，用名词word的单数形式，且无冠词，若用news,则应加定冠词；二是表示“过了……时才……”，用连词before。根据题意，D项为正确答案。答案 D
19. 解析 本题类似于“祈使句+and+并列分句”的结构，只不过祈使句部分由一个短语来取代，句意为：再过一小时，我们就能完成任务。another表示“再，又”，another hour是“再过一个小时”的意思，符合题意。答案 A
20. 解析 本句是虚拟语气的用法。在动词require后的名词性从句中，谓语动词用动词原形或should+动词原形。有类似用法的还有suggest,request等。答案 D
1.relay前加a 2.for→against3.understand→understanding 4.wonderfully→wonderful5.push后加on 6.去掉to end前加an 7.which→when 8.for→as 9.on→up
conscience ambition admits abundant personally occupies
constantly selfish striking aspired
1. occupies 2. badly off 3. conscience 4 constantly 5. wages
6.abundant 7. foolish 8. admitted 9. selfish 10. noblest
1. so; that 2 Don’t; or 3. want; and more want
4. which 5. would rather; than
1解析 根据句中的转折连词but可知，“在我接电话之前，对方就把电话挂断了”，应选before连接主从句。答案 D
.2. 解析 句意为“需要帮助的时候尽管提出来”。unless除非，如果不；since既然，由于；although尽管，都不符合题意。答案 D
3. 解析 however,no matter how引导让步状语从句，句中用作表语的形容词amusing在这一结构中必须置于however或no matter how之后，而且主语与助动词不能倒置。答案 C
4. 解析 heavily常与drink,smoke,rain等动词搭配使用。答案 B
5. 解析it’s no wonder意思是“怪不得”，但答案不能选A，因为wonder的前面有any;no等于not...any。hardly意为“几乎不”，含有not的意思，故选D。题意为：“难怪他的朋友不喜欢看电视。”答案 D
6. 解析 这是一幢乡间小屋，但按城里的标准就是大的了。与standards相搭配的介词是by,所以选C。by“根据，按照”，at主要和invitation,request等词连用；for可译为“就……而言”，常用在形容词之后，表示“出乎意料”；from“根据”，主要用于作出某个判断的理由答案 C
7. 解析 句意为：抢劫者打在简的头上，把她打昏了。unconscious意为“失去知觉意识的”；mindless意为“不用心的，欠考虑的”；unaware意为“没有发觉的，得不偿失的，不知道的”；brainless意为“无头脑的，愚蠢的”。答案 D
8. 解析 句意为“得克萨斯是美国的第二大州，自然资源丰富。abundant意为“丰富的，充足的”，后接介词in。wealthy意为“富有的，有钱的”；scatter意为“驱散，散布”；deposit意为“存放，寄存”。
9. 解析 当人们失业时，无事可干往往比失去工作更糟。idleness“无事可干”，laziness“懒惰，偷懒”，poverty“贫穷”,inability“无能”。答案 C
10. 解析 她对重新装饰这座大房子产生兴趣，这让她忙了整整一个星期。occupied忙碌的；unstrained勉强的，受约束的；dominated占支配地位的;restricted受约束的，有限的。答案 D
11. 解析 此处为形容词作状语。答案 A
12. 解析 battle with one’s conscience与良心作斗争。consciousness知觉；意识，觉悟。答案C
13. 解析 anyway无论如何，即使如此，不管怎样；someway以某种方式；也不知是什么原因。答案 A
14. 解析 admit having done sth.承认做了某事。答案 D
15. 解析 in want of需要；in charge of控制，管理；in possession of占有；控制。答案 C
16. 解析 badly off潦倒；穷困；此处应用比较级。答案 A
17. 解析 avoid doing sth.避免做某事；此处应用被动语态。答案 B
18. 解析 close up靠近；tie up系好，捆上；turn up出现;keep up保持。答案 C
19. 解析 此处为独立主格结构在句中作状语；过去分词短语表示被动。答案 A
20. 解析 as follows用以列举事项。答案 A
1. pleasing→pleased 2.去掉from 3.getting→to get 4. 去掉to 5. it→there
6. 去掉that7. for→as 8. have→play 9. 去掉so 10. planning→planned
dictation alphabetical stuck awfully anxious operation secure patience adopted overweight
1.Appropriate 2. does; operate 3.is stuck 4 acquisition 5. patience
6. experiment 7. fell behind 8. level 9. was; knocked down 10. correct
1. of learning 2. If; better 3. which
4. Only; as you can; would you 5. harder than
1. 解析 根据主句和从句的意思可知，愿望与现在的事实相反，从句要用一般过去时。答案 B
2. 解析 if only意为“要是……就好了”，通常用虚拟语气，本句是对过去情况的假设，谓语动词要用过去完成时。答案 C
3. 解析 根据题干中“What I would be doing today”可知，这是表示与现在事实相反的主句结构，而在if引导的条件状语从句中所给的时间状语为at the age of seven,故从句应用与过去事实相反的虚拟结构（过去完成时）。
4. 解析 分析句意可知，otherwise后的分句是一种假设，是省略了条件句“if he hadnt hesitated for a moment before kicking the ball”的主句部分，表示与过去事实相反，主句谓语动词要用would have done结构。题意为：踢球前他犹豫了一下，否则他就会射进球。答案 D
5. 解析 句中介词短语“Without the air to hold some of the suns heat”暗示条件，实际上相当于一个明确的条件状语从句If there were no air to hold....根据句意及句中时间状语today可知句子是对现在情况的假设，所以该句应用与现在事实相反的虚拟语气。答案 A
6. 解析 人们经常把健康的生活与开阔的乡村和自家种的食物联系在一起。associate“联系、联想”，与with搭配使用。tie“拴，束缚，连接”，bind(bound)“捆绑，包扎，装门，使结合”，involve“卷入，涉及，包含”。答案 D
7. 解析 对不起，我擦桌子时把你的眼镜碰到地上了。答案 D
8. 这对老夫妇已经有了三个儿女，但还是决定养一个男孩和一个女孩。此题中adopt意为“收养”。adapt“使适应”，bring“带来”，receive“收到”，放在句中句意不通。答案 D
9. 许多文化群体中，那些公认的具有解释梦的能力的人往往十分受尊敬。interpret“解释，说明”，intervene“干涉，干预”，inherit“继承”，impart“传授”。答案 A
10. 解析 因为埃德深信这一事实正确，他坚持他的意见。stick to“坚持，信守”，strike at “攻击，抨击”，strive for“争取，力求”，stand for“主张，支持，意味着”。答案 C
11. 解析 题意是：我偶然在阁楼上看到了祖父的日记。表示“偶然碰到”，动词是come across; come to意为“苏醒”；come by意为“得到,获得”。答案 D
12. 解析 “It occurred to sb.+ that从句”意为“某人突然想到……”，而“It happened to sb.+that从句”则表示“碰巧……”，题意是：我突然想到我们可以用计算机做这工作。故选C项。答案 C
13. 解析 adopt和adjust后都可以跟介词to，但前者意为“采用”，后者作“调整”解释，题意是：课桌和坐位都可以根据儿童的身高作调整。故应选B。答案 B
14. 解析 从题意来看，她在办公室里工作，却没有被找到，实际上是应该找得到的，表示应该能做到某事而未能做到，用ought to(或should)+动词的完成式，结合本题的选项应选C。答案 C
15. 解析 表示“走错路”，动词用go,根据上下文意思，本题应该用过去式；另外，表示应该做某事而未做，而“should+完成式”，综上，D为正确答案。答案 D
16. 解析 表示能够赶上航班而未赶上，用“could+完成式”，即could have caught。
17. 解析 It’s time后的从句应该使用过去式，意为“现在是该做某事的时候了”。但本题中所说的孩子们穿衣、洗漱等，都是在别人的帮助下做的，故应该用被动式。答案 D
18. 解析 It’s high time后的从句与It’s time后的从句一样，都用过去式；would rather后接从句时，从句中的谓语动词也用过去式，故本题C项为正确答案。答案 C
19. 解析 “……就好了”是一种虚拟语气，用If only。答案 D
20. 解析 “would rather not+完成式”表示“后悔做了某事”。答案 D
1. difficulty→ difficulties2. how→ what3. mustn’t→ can’t
4. there→ where5. surprised→surprising6. where→that
7. whomever→whoever8. realize→recognize9. believes→believe10.lies→lie
Insurance statistics got/gotten Hopelessly consult nationwide devotion significance incident pressure
1. diagnosed 2. hopeless 3. incidents 4. devotion 5. significance
6. insurance 7. consulted 8. transferred 9. risks 10. prosperity
1.Had I had 2. Thanks to 3. To make matters worse
4. look; up 5. not until; that
1. 解析 lay off解雇；lay out设计，布局；花费；lay aside把……放在一边；lay down规定，确定，说明。答案 B
2. 解析 consult a map查阅地图。答案 D
3. 解析 hopeless(感到)没有希望的；hopeful(指人)抱有希望；unfortunate不幸的。
4. 解析 句意为：要是没有你的帮助，我们会有很多麻烦。虚拟语气用在与现在事实相反的条件句中时，条件从句的谓语用动词的过去式。答案 D
5. 解析 make allowances for原谅，因……而不计较。答案 Ａ
6. 解析 get rid of摆脱；get away with被放过，（做坏事）不受惩罚；get off下车；离开；get out出来，传出去，泄漏。答案 Ａ
7. 解析 表示请求、建议、命令的动词（如require,demand,order,suggest）后接宾语从句时，从句中的谓语部分需要用虚拟语气should+do,其中should可省略。答案 D
8. 解析 abuse滥用。句意为“据说一些政府官员滥用职权为自己牟取私利”。答案 C
9. 解析 fee酬金，收费；wage工资；income收入；welfare福利。答案 Ｃ
10. 解析 incident,accident和event都可作“事件”讲，但有区别：incident通常指任何不是很重要的事件，还可指政治上的事件或事变；accident通常指偶然发生的不幸事件；event指重要事件，特别是有历史意义的重大事件。
11. 解析 but for the rain=if it had not been the rain。答案 C
12. 解析 to make matters worse(情况)更糟糕的是。答案 D
13. 解析 devotion to...此处意为“喜欢，热爱”。答案 A
14. 解析 be under pressure受到压力，受到敦促。答案 D
15. 解析 neither,nor引起分句时，分句要用倒装语序。表示前者否定的情况同样适用于后者，要用句式“neither/nor+do/does/did...+主语”。
16. 解析 本题是一个倒装结构，以as引导的方式状语从句常用这种结构。答案 A
17. 解析 题意是“在很多发展中国家也是这种情况”，表示“情况”“情景”用the case。如：That isn’t the case with Peter.彼得的情况并非如此。condition意为“条件”；state是“状态”的意思，都与题意不符。答案 Ｂ
18. 解析 表示“天气转晴”，用clear up。clear out为“清理出……”之意，clean out是“打扫干净”之意，clean up是“清除掉”之意，都与题意不符。答案 Ｃ
19. 解析 本题意思是“事故通常是由粗心引起的”，表示“发生”“出现”，在所给的选项中，用arise。rise指“有形的东西在升起”，raise是及物动词，go up有“上升”之意，都不可用于本题。答案 D
20. 解析 本题很容易误选Ａ，把come看作look forward to的宾语，因此首先要]理清句子结构，句子的主语是The moment, we had been looking forward to是省去that的定语从句，修饰The moment,所以需要填入的不是look forward to的宾语，而是句子的谓语，根据从句的时态，主句的谓语应是一般过去时。答案 D
1. laying－off→laidoff 2. helped前加has 3. house→housing
4. on→in5. in→by 6. limiting→limited 7. twentieth前加the
8. wounds→wounded 9. which前加in 10. when→that
burdened outcome furnished attend baggage simplified haircut
anyhow approval flashing
1. approve 2. simply 3. rarely 4. prided 5. praying
6. baked 7. possibilities 8. burden 9. calculations 10. possessed
1. made good preparations 2. are proud of 3. fixed his eyes on
4. worthy to be watched/worthy of being watched 5. with which to buy
1. 解析 cost的主语必须是物；spend, pay的主语是人；而take常用于It takes sb. some time to do sth.结构。答案 D
2. 这是一个“with+名词+分词”的独立主格结构；因为“两眼凝视着……”的词组是fix one’s eyes on,可见one’s eyes 在该词组中是宾语，放在动词前应用被动语态。答案 B
3. 解析 with which to buy a present for her husband=with which she could buy a present for her husband,这是定语从句的一种省略形式。答案 A
4. 解析 构成“be worth+money”词组。答案 A
5. 解析 attend (to)照顾；而本句应用被动语态。答案 C
6. 解析 be worth doing=be worthy of being done=be worthy to be done=be worthwhile to do意为：值得被做。答案 B
7. 解析as if to see=as if she wanted to see。答案 B
8. 解析 本句句意为：风俗习惯根据地区的不同而不同。depend on是根据某一事实，而according to是根据某一观点。答案 B
9. 解析 anyhow意为“无论如何”。答案 A
10. 解析meet with general approval意为“获得一致同意”。
11. 解析 should与疑问词why连用，表示惊讶。此处意为“为什么我后悔呢？虽然我没有原来挣得多，但我更喜欢现在的工作”。答案 B
12. 解析 at great length详细地，周密地。答案 A
13. 解析 speak后接表示语言的词，其前通常不加冠词a。more difficult language一门更难的语言。答案 C
14. 解析 let sb. down让某人失望。答案 D
15. 解析 由上下文可知此处when暗含一个过去时间，故应用一般过去时态。答案 B
16. 解析 由题意可知此处应用一般将来时。答语意为“别担心!我们会尽力的，它不会拖那么长时间的”。答案 B
17. 解析 四个介词中只有with后可接复合宾语结构。答案 A
18. 解析 take pride in以……为自豪；you’re probably in the wrong job你很可能选择错了职业。答案 D
19. 解析 furnish用家具布置。题意为“这个房间里摆着一些旧桌子、一块黑板和一个旧炉子”。答案 A
20. 解析 that引导定语从句并在从句中作spent的宾语。答案 D
1. for→with 2. worth→worthy 3. for→in 4. made→did 5. with→for
6. fixing→fixed 7. prepared后加for 8. with→about 9. 去掉be 10. terrifying→terrified
percentage colleagues regulations Congratulations financial
questionnaires coaches resigned combination
1. has excited 2. percentage 3. reputation 4. uncertain 5. expectation
6.regular 7. ambition 8. actually 9. combination 10. exceptions
1. pulled out of 2. When she 3. With; going by 4. calls for 5. take into account
1. 解析 whatever 无论什么，在这里充当定语；意为“我们无论遇到什么样的困难，都要及时完成任务”；however意为“无论怎样”，其后紧接形容词或副词；whichever 意为“无论哪一个或哪一些”；wherever意为“无论什么地方”。答案 B
2. 解析 prove(to be)=prove of意为“事实或结果证明了主语……”。答案 D
3. 解析 depend on意为“依赖于，取决于”。
4. 解析 demand意为“要求得到……”；question意为“质问……”。这里是要知道他的地址和名字。答案 D
5. 解析 to sleep 前省去了in order,表目的。答案 A
6. 解析 mean doing sth.意为“意味着……”；mean to do sth.意为“打算做某事”;mean to have done 意为“本来打算做某事，但没成功”。答案 A
7. be intended for=be designed for=be meant for意为“为……准备的或打算的”。答案 D
8. 解析 only引导的状语提前，句子要倒装。B项中的can不能与be able to连用。答案 C
9. 解析 make the most of充分利用；make nothing of 不当一回事;make much of重视，尊重。答案 B
10.. 解析 be of the same age=be of an age同样大（年龄）。答案 B
11. 解析 由句中not a permanent one可以推断出，此空应填permanent(永久的）的反义词temporary(暂时的)。答案 B
12. 解析 considering此处为介词，意为“考虑到”。答案 D
13. 解析 当先行词为point,situation等时，引导定语从句的关系词常用where。题干中point意为“地步”。答案 D
14. 解析 题意为“有钱并不是成功的标准”。criteria是criterion的复数形式。答案 C
15. 解析 suspect sb.of sth.意为“怀疑某人有……的罪”。答案 A
16. stick to 坚持;stick with忠于，继续支持;stick out突出;stick around徘徊，逗留。答案 B
17. 解析 in the hope of希望做……;for the purpose of为了……的目的;in the name of凭……的权威;for the sake of为了……的缘故。答案 D
18. 解析 由后半部分“她感觉不好”可知她应是“拒绝与朋友一起吃午饭”。decline意为“拒绝”。答案 A
19. 解析 with the fact...into account为独立主格结构。答案 C
20. 解析 compromise意为“折中”，为可数名词。答案 B
1. Know→knowing 2. embarrass→embarrassing 3. keeping→kept 4. made后加of
5. ones→one 6. in→of 7. It→As 8. which→those 9. make→take 10. have→take
1.strict 2.absent 3.selected 4.suit 5.distributed
6.expend 7.donating 8.obtain 9.analysing 10.unwilling
1.A 2.C 3.D 4.A 5.B
1.compulsory 2.commit 3.absent 4.expended 5.distributed
6.professions 7.evident 8.restricted 9.measures 10.tendency
1. as in 2.To start/begin with 3.of any benefit 4.out of 5.resulted in
1.解析 be strict in sth.是固定词组，意为“在某方面严格要求”。答案 B
2.解析 be absent from class 意为“缺课”。答案 A
3解析 select为“精选（种子等）”；elect为“选举”；choose为“选择（某物）”；pick out为“挑选”，相当于choose。答案 B
4.解析 fit 为“适合（大小）”；match为“某物与……相配”；suit为“适合（需要、口味、颜色等）”。答案 C
5.解析 result from为“起因、由来”；lead in 不是固定词组；lie in 为“在于”；result in 为“导致”。答案 D
7.解析 此题考查现在分词作状语，表原因。答案 B
8.解析 该句状语的逻辑主语是the novel，小说是被翻译的，所以用被动语态。因为小说被翻译的动作发生在“众所周知”之前，所以用现在完成时的被动语态。答案 D
9.解析 此题考查动词不定式作目的状语的用法。答案 A
10.解析 As in his last experiment=As it is the case with his last experiment，作方式状语。答案 A
11.解析 be similar to 意为“与……相似”，是固定用法。答案 A
12.解析 drop out 意为“辍学”，根据语意选B。答案 B
13.解析 rather than 意为“而不是”。答案 B
14.解析 attach...to...意思是“重视；认为……有某种重要性”。答案 C
15.解析 take in 为固定词组，意为“吸收”。答案 D
16.解析 How people are distributed是一个主语从句，what 作主语或宾语，此句中不缺成分；根据语意选how。答案 B
17.解析 provide sb.with sth.是“用某物提供给某人”的意思。答案 A
18.解析 rely on 为固定词组，是“依靠”的意思。答案D
19.解析 enjoy 后面跟动名词形式，是“喜欢做某事”的意思。答案 A
20.解析 此题意为“看情况而定”，表目前的情况，用一般现在时，depend为不及物动词，而句中没有宾语，所以不需加介词on。答案 C
1.for→to 2.with→to 3.little→small 4.for→with 5.used→using
6.has后加been 7. learnt→learning 8.be→being9. on→to 10 in→of